Chapter Fifteen

"Its so nice to see you again Anne, I've been bugging Mick here to bring you, for years." I felt my food lodge on my throat as I heard Corinna say that. I grabbed the glass of wine in front of me as chugged it just to clear the choking feeling.

I dont know what to say as i looked at my brother and he nodded. I dont even know what that means Jacque. Mick has his eyes on me the whole dinner and i really felt uncomfortable, because i dont want to blush hard in front of them all.

"I..I was studying at Cambridge, so yeah, my time was pretty much at school." I smiled as i felt my chest tightened. Good thing that we are all done with our dinner and Jacque paid for everything because i really want to go.

We spent the rest of the evening in awkward silence as Mick drove them to their house. That house was beautiful but i can't bear to stay there long because of his Dad. I really felt bad about what happened to him, and it hurts me knowing that he is there but not really there. Michael is my idol and i love him to eternity. He made me fell in love in racing and i adore him for that.

Jacque is staying with them and I will be with Mick even though i dont really want that, if only i knew some hotels here but i dont, their house is on the rural side and apparently there's none.

"Im really happy now that you're here, how many years have you been together now Anne?" Corinna asked and my eyes widened in shock. "I've first met you in 2015, so maybe eight years now?"

"We are no.." I answered and looked at Mick on the rear view mirror.

"Yes mom." Mick interrupted as Jacque nudges me on my side. I glared at him as i slumped back down on the seat as i felt my head getting heavy from the stress.

As they went out of the car, Corinna pushed me to seat on the passenger seat even though i tried to refuse. I just sighed as I sat down, helplessly as we drove to Mick's house.

"What was that?" I glared at Mick as he looked back on the road. "Answer me Mick, what the hell was that?" I raised my voice as i felt fuming inside.

"Im sorry, I didn't tell my Mom about our break up." He said as i can feel his voice crack. "I can't bring myself to say it to her."

"We've been over for 6 years now Mick." I sighed as I looked outside the car window trying to calm myself down by watching the snow on the ground. I can't look at Mick right now, my anger is out of scale because of what I've discovered.

"I know. Anne, you're the only one that my Mom likes. I tried to bring someone there but Mom only thinks that we're friends, because she wants you, she always looks for you." Mick said as he stopped on a beautiful house. I remember this place, it was a barn before. "Just give me until the ROC ends and I'll tell her. Please. Im sorry."

"Just tell her the truth. I don't want to hurt her because..."

"Because you're with Carlos now?" He mumbled as i felt my breath hitch. That is not even true, and how the hell did he even know about that. He just chuckled as he looked at me with his bright blue eyes.

"We're not technically together, but i do like him." I said as i looked down and started to fumble with my bracelets.

"Do you still love me Anne?" He asked which caught me off guard. How can i even say that i still care for him without actually saying that i care for him badly. "Because i do, that's why i cant bring myself to tell Mom that we're through."

"Mick, please don't make this harder for me." I absentmindedly said that even i was shocked.

"Anne, i know that deep inside, you still love me. So please just until the ROC ends." He asked me looking straight at me with his lovely bright nlue eyes that can make you melt.