Chapter Thirty-Eight

Its Quali day for Formula 1 and Sprint Races for Formula 2 and 3, which made me on edge because this is the first race I've been on that I'm not racing. It really is nerve wracking especially that Arthur is racing.

Arthur is like a brother to me, even our families have been apart for years, it still feels like we are one.

Its nice to see him in practice yesterday but now he's racing for points and that is making me on edge. As there's still a race for Porsche, maybe its their qualifying, and the Merc guys are still in their briefing, i decided to go out and just take a little breather out of their hospitality suite.

"Anne?" Someone called out and i turned to where that voice is coming from and I saw Ralf Aron standing infront of the hospitality.

"Ralf?" I stood up from my chair and waved. He ran up to where i am and my eyes widened when he hugged me. "Mick and I were just talking about you yesterday."

"Glad that we finally saw each other. God, its been what? 7 years?" Ralf muttered when he pulled away. "How are you?"

"Life's been treating me nice. How about you? Saw your brother race yesterday on the monitors but never got to see the practice personally." I smiled as I sat down and he leaned on the barriers in front of me.

"Paul's inside, he's a Mercedes Junior so had to go to his superiors." He told me as he pointed inside the Mercedes hospitality.

"I didn't notice, I was just inside too, but they're still briefing. Had to get out and have some breather." I explained as he smiled at me.

"Well well, I think i know who're you with." He grinned as he looked at me knowingly.

"My brother. My brother, Jacque." I said as i grinned but he just raised his eyebrows at me. And i sighed. "And Mick."

"Oohh yeah." He cheered as i guess in his mind jackpot. "So finally after years, the two of you flirting and the agonizing cringe we felt for over a year at Prema is now together."

"Are we that cringe before?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, Mick would always drag you along with Juri and JM to go somewhere when we're at Prema. And the two would be back and you two wouldn't until an hour of two later." I groaned in embarrassment as he said that. "Oh you remember when were at Austria in ADAC? We can't even get a hold of you, and until his engineer called Mick."

"Oh, that's the time we got Angie and i left my phone on the motor home." I laughed as it was indeed a nightmare for our engineers and mechanics.

"Oh really?" He asked me and i just rolled my eyes as i laughed. "Seems like not though."

"We really did. We were with our Moms." I explained but he just laughed. "But to be honest i missed those times, racing with you lot." I smiled as I looked at the Ferrari garage, hoping to see Charles.

"You're still friends with Charles?" He asked as he also looked at the Ferrari Garage.

"Yeah, we are." I showed him my Ferrari access pass and he smiled.

"You have Alpine, Mercedes and Ferrari?" I nodded as he asked. "You are a menace."

"Ralf, let's go?" Someone called out and i saw a carbon copy of Ralf go out of the hospitality.

"Paul, this is a friend of mine before in Prema. Anne." Ralf introduced me as the boy smiled.

"Hi I'm Anne." I reached out as the boy smiled at me. He really looks like his brother.

"Oh, I remember you. I remember watching you when Ralf raced before in ADAC!" The boy cheered as he shook my hand. "You really did crushed my brother's dream that time."