Chapter Forty Nine

I spent the practice and the Qualifying in the hotel since I don't feel like going out and Mick stayed with me if he was not in the circuit, Marck always passes by my room before he goes to bed since he's just a couple of rooms away, Jacque also visited one night and the hostility he has for Mick still shows.

When I did go out it was the Race weekend I was disappointed, the main race was chaos, almost half of the grid crashed and most crashes happened on turn 1, in different laps.

The only good thing that had happened that day was Arthur finally got a podium, I called Charles but he didn't pick up that night after the race, so as soon as we all went back to our respective hotels, I messaged Arthur on Instagram, and he replied as soon as he saw it.

Congratulations Artie! Should've said that personally but I can't get out of the hospitality. I smiled as I sent it.

Thank you, Anne! Didn't know you were even here in Australia, Charles didn't say anything about you here, but I'm happy you watched it! He replied and it made my smile drop, that's so unlike Charles leaving me out of the topic.

Maybe he forgot. You did an amazing job there Artie! I'll see you soon. I replied.

Mom still wants to have that dinner with you, so please when you come back just go to Mamé's Mom is always there. He replied and I felt my heart crumble even more.

I still owe Pascale dinner, Artie, I won't forget that. I'll see you soon since I'm planning to extend my stay here in Australia for a week. But send my regards to Charles, please tell him that he'll bounce back in Azerbaijan. Congratulations again Artie! I replied, purposely avoiding mentioning Mick because I don't want him to ask him why or what happened.

Sure thing! He needs that because of what happened. Thanks a lot, Anne! Hope you'll have a wonderful vacation here in Australia! He replied and I didn't even bother to reply as I slumped back down to the bed tired and a bit disappointed that Charles didn't mention me to Arthur.

"Should I start calling you babe since I'll be calling baby our baby?" Mick asked as he sat down next to me. I smiled as he is happy being a dad.

"Babe and baby are technically the same." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes as he leaned on me.

"Or do you just want to be called Mommy?" He grinned as he placed his hand on my flat tummy. "Mommy's got a little heat going on the little one."

"I am not!" I defended, laughing at his silly jokes. "Plus the baby is just still a size of a pomegranate seed, he won't hear you," I stated as I smiled at his silliness.

"Okay smarty pants." He stood up from the bed pissed off that I stated facts. I laughed as I pulled him back to the bed.

"Im just kidding, Dad," I emphasized the word Dad made him grin from ear to ear. He sighed while smiling widely as he went back to the bed and pulled me closer to him.

"You're going to be an amazing mom." He said before we decided to sleep early because we'll have a flight to Gold Coast early.

~~

When we arrived on the Gold Coast, Jack got us from the airport and we went straight to their house. He offered a room there but since there's a hotel nearby we just booked a room in the hotel until the rest of our stay there.

Clearly in my luggage that this is not what I intended to do so I have to go shopping again, good thing there's a small clothing shop nearby.