Chapter Seventy Nine

It is been a little over two years since they left and there's still a gap in our lives. We went to Courchevel together but we went home to Monaco missing two people from our family. It is still hard and every day I keep thinking of them.

I sighed as I held a bunch of flowers for the departed tightly in my arms. Tulips and orchids. I felt a lump or pain in my chest as I continued with Gio walking beside me.

"Papa, why are we here?" Gio asked as we walked on the pathway leading to the private cemetery of the Harman Family, I sighed as my heart was heavy thinking about our loved ones who were buried here.

It is been two years since they've been laid to rest and I haven't even visited them since. I know it's a bit selfish of me not to visit here for two years after the funeral of a family member, but I can't just accept it yet.

"Because that's what your Maman wants. We haven't been here for two years since your brother was born." I smiled as I pulled him up to my arms as I hurried up.

"Careful Bud." I heard Anne call out and I smiled. As I looked up I saw her standing in front of the grave with Julian in her arms. "Is picking up the flowers hard?" she chuckled.

"No. Gio saw some horses along the way," I explained as she laughed. "He really won't stop crying until we stop."

"Oh, that's some of my Dad's horses." Anne chuckled as I stood next to her. "Gio, tu veux Maman ?" (Gio, do you want Mom?)

Gio looked up at my wife and nodded. I took a sleeping Julian in my wife's arms as she pulled Gio up.

"Hey Marck, see how heavy your baby is," Anne whispered as I could feel her sudden sadness. "I'm sorry if we didn't come here after the funeral. It's just that we had Julian and having two babies is really hard." she chuckled as I held out my arms in Anne's back to comfort her.

I bent down and put the flowers between Marck and Collette's gravestones. Two years since they left and Anne still yearns for her brother, but she loves Gio. We both love Gio like our own. Julian loves him.

Two years ago I really thought that I would lose Anne and our baby. Two years ago I thought it would be the death of me too.

~~~

As the nurses passed by me and rushed to where Anne's room was I felt my world crashing down. I didn't even notice the tears that were running down my eyes as I rushed back to her room.

Not my Anne.

Not my Anne.

No, not my wife. I cried as I stumbled on Arthur, Jacque, and Rob standing outside the rooms and in the nursing station.

"It's not Anne," Arthur whispered as he stopped me from going inside the room. "Anne just moved her hands and the doctor is examining her."

"Then why did the nurses rush towards here?" I asked as I looked at Jacque and Rob talking frantically at the nurses who were calming my father-in-law. There I realized who it was. "It's Marck?" I whispered.

My breath hitched as I looked at Rob and heard him crying, I know it hurts for a loved one to be on the brink of death but I know it hurts more that your child is the one suffering.

I don't even know what to feel if both Anne and the baby will die. I would really be crazy.

They resuscitated Marck for an hour before he finally gave up. It was a huge blow to us especially to Rob and Jacque. Marck is really close to Anne and I don't even know how to say it to her. I stood there in shock as the doctors explained to us that Marck suffered from a cardiac arrest.