Chapter Fifty Six

I woke up from my slumber and I saw it already dark outside and Charles' arms still wrapped around me as he sleeps peacefully.

Would my life be different if I didn't go to the UK in the first place? Would my life be different if I stayed with Charles that day when he told me to stay? I think it would.

I felt my eyes water again as the thoughts of what-ifs entered my mind. I stifled a sob and I felt my breath hitched from still thinking about it.

"Shh, it's okay Bud. It's okay." I heard Charles whisper as he pulled me closer to him, sobbing in his chest. I didn't mind if my tears smeared on his shirt, I didn't care if I looked like shit right now. "Let it out. It's okay."

Charles is really my clarity, but I was just so naive that I had never even thought about that, about how he just magically appears when I really need someone. It feels surreal and I feel so lucky that I have him in my life. I don't even know what my lfe would be without him, maybe I'm not where I am today.

I pulled myself up and wiped the tears off of my face and I saw there's a big wet spot on his chest from my tears. As I looked around I felt a pang in my chest remembering what had just happened this afternoon with my family.

"Take me out of here," I mumbled as he sat up from the bed. "Take me somewhere, anywhere. Just not here." I pleaded as he looked at me straight into my eyes.

"Let's go." He said without any hesitation as he pulled himself up and grabbed my hand and took our shoe as he grabbed some coat for me with his free hand. "First we must grab some food since you didn't eat anything."

And we did, we sneaked out of the house through the stairs from the pool leading to the driveway and everyone is asleep, maybe my brothers and dad finally got some rest and the others went home. As we drove away from my house I looked at the time and its late.

We picked up some food from a restaurant that was open late and we went straight to the port, and he parked his car in the parking space provided for them. I was about to go out of the car when he stopped me and went out to open my door.

"Oh come on Charles," I mumbled as he smiled when he held my hand as I pushed myself out of his car, struggling in fact. "I never had problem with low cars but now, now I think I do."

We both laughed as he held my hand as we walked towards the yacht.

I took off my shoes as he hopped in his yacht, smiles still on our faces as he helped me to get into his yacht.

"This is the first time I've been here," I said as I looked around and found it so beautiful. So neat.

"Welcome aboard Bud." He muttered as he pulled me to the rooms inside. "You should better get some sleep while I captain the boat."

"Don't. Not yet. It's so dark outside, just stay here." I said as I wrapped my hand around his arm as stopped him from going out of the cabin.

When we stayed in bed just talking about what happened that afternoon with my family, he stayed and listened to everything. I felt my eyes water again as I let it all out but as he held my hand that's why I felt so strong.

"Anne, you know that we will always be here for you, Mum, Mamé, Lorenzo, Arthur, and Me." He said as he pulled me closer as I leaned my head on his chest.

"I know. And I will always be thankful for all of you." I looked up and saw him looking at me as he leaned in and kissed me. That kiss made all my thoughts fade, everything that keeps on bothering me suddenly disappeared from his soft lips on mine.

I pulled away before it became heated as I leaned my forehead against his. Wrapping him in a tight hug as I sat on his lap and I felt his arms wrapped around my waist. if only I never set foot in UK, Charles and I would be together like this, finally.