Chapter Forty Six

"Here's a pillow, go grab some sleep as I drive," Charles said as he pulled a small pillow out from behind his seat.

And I did that after an hour of breaking down in his car as he listened, balled his hand in a fist, and looked at me like I'm insane for taking Mick back in the first place, I am extremely exhausted from all of it. I took his pillow and pushed the seat back as I finally after more than 24 hours of being awake since my flight was almost 15 hours, I slept. Better than what I expected.

As I drift to oblivion in my sleep, Charles drove to Maranello, good thing its already night here, and the next thing I knew I woke up in his bed, him sleeping soundly on the couch next to the bed.

I groaned as I sat up from the bed and I looked out the window and saw its already morning. Am I that tired last night that I didn't even wake up when he brought me to his room?

I'm still in my sweater and jeans that I wore when I went to the airport so I decided to take a bath. And as I went out I saw Charles already up and making coffee, even if he doesn't like coffee.

"Dont, just take it." He just said and it stopped me from making fun of him and his coffee-making skills. I took a sip and it was nice.

"Finally," I said as I sat down on the chair across from him. "By the way are you going to work today?" He was about to say something but I held up my hand to stop him as I sipped on the espresso. "Don't. I know you have, can you help me rent a car until I decide to go back to Monaco before you leave for work?"

"Sure, just tell me where you'll go so that I won't worry." He sighed, I know he'll skip work just to drive me around so no I will not let that happen now. I smiled as we both ate the fruit bowl he prepared while I was in the bathroom.

As we are about to leave my phone rang again and I saw it was Marck, I sighed as I answered it knowing that he'll frantically yell at me for disappearing again, so I put it on speakerphone.

"Where are you?" He calmly asked as my eyes widened. I was waiting for his screams but no he sounded so calm.

"Why?" I asked as he just sighed. Charles looked at me as he held onto the steering wheel, ready to drive if I say so.

"If you won't tell me I could always ask Charles." He defended and Charles laugh beside me. "Never mind he's with you."

"We're in Maranello. She arrived last night, she's in good hands." Charles said as he looked at me smiling, without a hint of worry.

"I know she is when she's with you, Charles. Anne, call whenever you want to go back here in Monaco. We are already here." Marck said before we both said goodbye. I smiled as Charles drove.

After maybe 20 minutes or more of driving my eyes widened when he parked on the Scuderia Ferrari compound. I looked at him shocked as he grinned at me.

"What am I doing here? I told you to bring me to a car rental place so that I can't bother you in your work." I mumbled as I looked at him but he just smiled as he handed me the keys of his Purosangue.

"You can never bother me, Anne. I'll be spending the whole day here in the sim so here's the car, that's all yours when I'm working." He smiled as he dangles the keys in front of me. I smiled as I took it and he pulled me in a hug which made me gasp.

"Acqua di Gio?" I asked as I took a whiff of his perfume. He nodded while he was still hugging me but I pulled away as I looked at him, he looks proud as I smiled.

"The one that you gave, Profondo." He said as my smile widened. "I like it, a lot."

I smiled as I pushed the door open but before I can even open the car he stopped me.