Chapter Twenty Nine

"No!" I shouted as Charles dragged me and swung me to his shoulder when he picked me up. I toss and turned on his shoulders as he carried me to Pierre's car. "Get me down Leclerc. I am not going! I didn't bring any clothes."

"I'll buy you something in Deauville." Charles reasoned out as he went in the car with Pierre and locked it. I should've escaped when i had to but no i didnt. I am stupid.

"No. Just drive to my house and I'll pack for three day trip and we will be good." I reasoned out as Charles sighed and just nodded as Pierre drove off.

"Elle est impossible." Charles sighed out in french.  And that clearly means im impossible. I slapped his shoulder as Pierre took the turn going to my house and i let out a sigh of relief as i looked at the side mirror. I saw how pissed off Charles is and of course as any best friend would do, i stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes.

I smiled as we parked on my driveway and darted out to the house. I just grabbed what i can and stuffed it to my luggage. I didn't care to change at all since its surprisingly comfortable.

I said goodbye to Francesca and Antonio, and told them that my card is on the counter and they can use it to buy things for them and the house when im not there.

I fiddled through my phone and when i went to my email, my blood drained when i saw a couple of emails from Harman. Its from Janelle and its asking me if i can go through some documents because of the new ventures.

As i went out of the house maybe an hour later i found Charles and Pierre so bored with their lives that they just posed and took some pictures.

"Did i took that long?" I asked as they looked at each other and smiled.

"No, you didn't. Its just that we thought it'll take longer." Pierre said as opened the car and Charles helped me loaded my luggage.

As we drove off to the airport in Nice, it was quite a nice and lovely ride since im pretty comfortable with Pierre and Charles, we were friends since we're kids, our parents knew each other and they're like my brothers.

As we boarded a private plane, i kept on glaring at Charles because he knows I don't really like flying in private planes, but he just laughed and reasoned out that its a perk in his work. I just sighed and went with it without complaining.

For the whole flight i just worked on my laptop because of the email from Janelle asking me to help for a business partnership assessment.

"I thought you have a free pass for a year?" Charles asked as he sat next to me, looking at my laptop.

"Well, I still have to assess this future partnership here in Monaco, since we're venturing out to real property." I sighed as i kept on working with all the paperwork that i have to assess.

"That's kind of hard." Pierre muttered as he sat down in front of me.

"Well my lovely aunt, acquired two building apartments in Larvotto and in Monte-Carlo, i still to get through it before May. And this one is just about the partnership in fashion brands for the shop that my Aunt wants. And we need it next week." I sighed as i rambled about this work. If only i have seen this earlier I could've finished this earlier.

"Okay okay, we wont bother you, you can do it." Charles smiled before they left me alone to work.

For almost an hour, I've finished reviewing a couple of documents and i still have a lot to do. I dont even know if i can enjoy our little getaway to Deauville to my brother's with this.

When we landed, my brother fetched us from the airport, i noticed that he can't stop smiling as we talked like he's keeping something from me.

As we arrived in their home, i was at awe when i finally saw their home in person. It was massive, especially the land surrounding it. My aunt's right, this was indeed millions worth.