Chapter Seventy Two

Austrian GP was the best by far since Charles got P2 and he barely did track limits! We were both so happy, I was there because Austria hold a deep place in my heart. Mom loves this place, and this is where Charles and I got closer than ever because of our dear friend Jules. 2015 was really a tough year for us all.

We had our first argument about qualifying for the British GP because I don't want to go with him since I know the press and I know they'll really talk to me because one, it's the last race of Marck since his retiring and the sudden resignation of Jacque in Mercedes.

"If you won't come with me then I won't go to Silverstone." he threatened and I glared at him.

"You can't do that. You have the Ferrari there downstairs." I declared but he shook his head.

"I let Joris use it and he's in Milton Keynes." He casually said as he smiled. There I finally realized that we are fucked. Jacque's car is in London and we are in his house since next month he's selling it.

"We don't have any car here right now." and there his eyes widened when he said that. "Did you forget that Jacque's car is not here in Brackley anymore?" he nodded his head as I sighed.

"Oh he shipped it to the US." he sighed as he smiled. "So you have to come with me because I don't know how the cab works here."

"I don't too," I exclaimed as I groaned in frustration. "And I don't want you to be late. So let's go."

I just sighed as I contacted Jacque to help me and thirty minutes later a cab arrived and it was from Jacque. As we sat side by side in the backseat, he kept on teasing and bugging me. Smiling at me like he's poking fun at me.

"I know you knew that the car's not here anymore, you really just want me to be there." I rolled my eyes as he scooted near me.

"Bud, you know that you are my wife now," he said as a blush rose from my cheeks. It feels surreal but it is true, I am his wife now. "And as much as possible I want you to be there in every race I have, because no matter how shitty my race would be, at the end of the day when I see your face and your smile everything falls into place."

And then and there I felt my heart and the butterflies in my stomach flutter with his every word.

I didn't say anything I just leaned against him with his hands around me until we arrived in Silverstone. It was still pretty early but his late about 30 for their call time. There were photographers stationed there but he waited for me as I paid the driver.

"Just go behind me," he whispered as he held my hand as we walked through the gates, he smiled at the photographers while I hid my face behind him.

The whole weekend we managed to stray away from the reporters that wants to ask me about my brothers' sudden retirement from F1. The truth is Jacque was there in the US now to work for my Dad, then Marck will be in Monaco for his family for a few months before they'll go back to France.

Before we went to Italy because Charles begged me to be there until Hungarian GP, we stayed at our apartment in London for two days because of Wimbledon, and that's the first time we ever publicized our relationship.

I know there will be definitely some news about me moving on too fast but it is what it is, maybe if there was no Charles I would've sued those news outlets defamation and libel.

Having Charles in my life is like having someone who would instantly calm you down no matter how much you hate the world. He is my peace and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

~~~

"Anne?" I heard Charles's voice, and as I opened my eyes, I saw him smiling down at me. "Bud, you need to get ready, we have to go an hour."