Chapter Thirty-Six

As we got out of the car in the parking area of the circuit i felt like backing out. I'm still adamant about talking with my brother but Mick grabbed my hand as we went to the paddock.

I looked around and saw there are only a couple of people here, but for sure this will change in race week.

"Dont be nervous baby." He said as we walked to their hospitality and there i saw my brother talking to Toto. I turned around but Mick pulled me just in a nick of time.

"Anne." Jacque called out as i turned around and smiled. "Nice seeing you here."

"Yeah Mick forced me to be here," i smiled at Mick as he pulled me closer to him. "Even though i don't want to be here."

"Anne." Mick warned and i just sighed. "I'll go to the garage, be nice." He said before kissing my head and left me with Jacque.

"Anne, Mick told me why. Im sorry for not telling you about Dad and Tante's plan. I just want the best for you. I don't want you to end up working somewhere other than Harman." He explained as i looked at him.

I felt guilty to be honest. I acted like a brat but i dont want to them to discount my feelings because its like they're dictating my future, like I'm not here.

"I just don't like it when you're dictating my life Jacque. I hope this will be the first and last because i dont know what'll i do if this happens again." I took a deep breath as i tried to hold myself back from hugging him. "I'm not 15 anymore Jacque. Im 25."

"I know, i promise." He told me as he pulled me for a hug. "You want to meet the rest of the crew?" Jacque asked as i nodded before we went to their garage.

He introduced me to his colleagues as they worked, Toto was kind enough to let me hang around for a while beside Mick, before i told myself that i should better give space between us because i dont want Mercedes to name me a clingy girlfriend.

I went on the wall near Lewis car as I glanced at the screen and saw the list of  drivers who are in the morning session.

"Who's the ZHO?" I asked to particularly no one but Lewis answered me.

"Zhou Guanyu." My eyes widened when i remembered Zhou. He's my teammate in ADAC when i was the guest driver.

"Hes in F1 now?" I asked as I smiled proudly. i looked at Lewis with saw confusion in his eyes. "I knew him but I don't know if he'll recognize me now. I knew almost half of the grid personally, raced with them before in f3 or I met them, but the other's i knew them from Jacque, like you, and Marck and maybe a couple that I don't know because they're rookies." I smiled as i looked at him as he looks at me proudly.

"I never knew you raced." He smiles at me as we both looked at the stats of their car.

"I actually do. I was four when i started Karting until 2014 when i was signed under Prema when i raced in Italian F4, and F3, in 2015, ADAC F4 and F3, and in 2016, F3 but I didn't do well so the next year i stopped because our Mom died and some other reasons." I explained without any doubt which shocked me because i never done that. Maybe ive gotten comfortable with the drivers now.

"Im sorry to hear about your Mom." Lewis said as he reached out and patted my back.

"Thank you," i smiled as we went back on watching the stats of his car since he's testing now.

"If you dont mind me saying this but Mick is really glaring at me right now." He said as i looked at Mick beside Toto and i legit snorted as i saw him glaring at us.

"Its okay. You should see his face when I'm with Charles. That look could murder someone." I laughed as Lewis did too.

"Leclerc?" He asked and i nodded. "You got pretty good connections here then." I chuckled as i nodded. I indeed have some pretty solid connection this season.