Chapter Sixty Two

Charles

"I'm sorry about Anne," Carlos asked as he went beside me, waiting for the build-up to start. I just sighed as I thought about what happened last night, I looked down as I tried my best to hide a sob. "I heard what happened from Marck." He said as he patted my back before going to the car that we will use for the build-up.

She was supposed to drive us, she was supposed to be here with us, but right now she couldn't. She's still unconscious and under the observation of the doctors in the hospital as Marck and I rushed her to the hospital.

"The baby." I can still hear her voice ringing through my mind as she cried in my arms while the blood is oozing through her legs.

I can still feel her blood in my arms as the nurses pushed the hospital bed to the ER.

"She's a tough one, she'll be fine," Marck said as he sat down next to me. "Let's just pray that she won't have any more complications after the surgery."

"I know she'll be okay but she'll be devastated if she finds out about the baby." I looked up at the gloomy sky of Miami. I already cried every tear I have when I found out about the situation. Even though the baby isn't mine I loved him ever since I saw how happy Anne is.

"That's where I can count on you Charles,  I know this sounds selfish of me as her brother but just be there for her, and I know you two can get through it together. You always have been." Marck patted my shoulder before going to his teammate.

I want to be there with her, if only I could, I would skip this GP and just be there beside her holding her hand, waiting for her to wake up. I sighed as I stood up they called us for the start of the build-up.

The day dragged on like shit and I tried my best to focus on the race but my mind is still wondering if she was okay, if she finally woke up. Janelle said that she would just call after the race to update.

Good thing Janelle came down from Cleveland the moment she heard about Anne and offered to stay with Anne in the hospital as no one could be there, even Jacque is caught up with Mercedes. And i never got to see Mick, thats a good thing i guess, or else my blood will boil and I don't know what I'll do if ever i saw him.

After he passed his resignation Toto talked to him about just staying until Spanish GP, and Jacque said yes, much to his dismay he's staying longer with Mick in a team. I knew because he told me, even if I don't want to know. Maybe he just did that to docert my mind away from Anne's condition right now.

I managed to be in P7 but I know it wasn't the best but today that's the only limit I could push for. As soon as the interview and everything is done I rushed back to Andrea and he handed me my phone.

Mick was in a state of shock the whole time we rushed Anne to the hospital. He looked pale and in shock as he looked at Anne's bloody dress and my arm. If I was in the right mind and not clouded with worry and shock about whats happening to Anne last night I would've punch him straight in the face in that car. But I couldn't it's Anne that im worried about.

"Did Janelle already message you?" I heard Marck's voice as he went towards me. "Pierre's coming since they're dating." My eyes went wide as I looked at Pierre running towards us.

"Anne is going to be pretty pissed at you. Especially for hiding it from her." I shook my head as Pierre looked at me with confusion in his eyes. "Janelle?"

"Oh, Janelle. I'll tell Anne about her soon, but now, all I want to know is how Anne is." Pierre spoke as he looked at me with the same worry in his eyes.

She was close to Pierre too, he's like his older brother that would tell her the truth no matter how hard it is, im just really glad that she has all of us to lean on.