Chapter Thirty-Five

As Collette and I went back to my room after she took me out to eat because i haven't eaten for the whole day, i was welcomed with bouquets and bouquets of roses on the couch and table on the living area of the suite.

"I need to go Anne. Marck's already there in our room." Collete excised as i was about to ask if she can stay for a bit because I don't want to talk to Mick right now.

I walked inside the room, locking the door behind me, disappointment evident on my face as i walked passed the roses and went straight to the bedroom and saw Mick sitting on the bed, clearly in distraught.

"What is all of these?" I asked as i looked at him. I looked away before tears fell down my face. Looking at the window and trying to distract myself with the view of the beach at night.

"I'm sorry, baby." He stood up and went infront me as he took my hand. I'm too tired to pull it away as i let him hold it. Still looking away, avoiding his gaze as i pursed my lips.

"I've tried calling you, for hours after Marck came to the paddock and when I came back here, you're nowhere to be found. I tried calling Marck and he refused to tell me where you were. Im really sorry for putting you in this kind of pain." He said as i bit the inside of my cheek to prevent me from sobbing again.

"I was in the clinic." I informed him ad i looked at him, his eyes wide and full of worry as he pulled me in a hug.

"Im really sorry. I wish i listened to you that time. I wish i could just turn back time, baby." He reasoned out as i faintly smiled at as i pushed myself passed him. "Baby, please."

"Mick, I'm tired. I just want to sleep." I muttered as i sat down on the edge of the bed on my aide and I sighed. "Lets just talk tomorrow." I said before laying down, back away from him.

I looked at the window, trying to clear my head from all the weight of problems and thoughts that its been thinking. I felt the bed shifted with Mick's weight as he sprawled out next to me.

"Can i at least cuddle with you as we sleep?" He asked as i felt his warm breath on the back of my neck. I just nodded as i felt his hand wrap on my waist as he pulled me closer to him in just a sweep movement.

His other hand slipped through the space between my neck and the pillow. I can feel his warm breath on my shoulders as he wrapped me in his arms.

"I love you. I love you." He whispered continuously to my ear as  i closed my eyes, fighting back the tears that been pooling in my eyes since i saw those damn flowers in the living area.

I just laid there, thinking still thinking about our fight. I tried to fall asleep but i cant. I tried pushing the thoughts away but i still cant.

That's why i don't want to argue, not because I don't want him to hurt me, because im afraid of hurting him. I know myself well, and my mouth will never back down. It just wont.

I dont know how long ive been laying down here in his arms, still thinking about what happened. I didn't even know my phone is in my bedside table until it turned on. I didn't bother to look whats it about because i just looked at the time. 2:15 AM.

I felt Mick move as he groaned and turned to his back, pulling away his arm on my waist. I felt cold, empty and incomplete without his hands on me.

I tried my best to stop myself from turning to the other side but i just want him. I need his touch, his presence, his warmth. As i turned to my other side facing him, i felt him groan again as he pulled me closer to him, pulling my onto his chest wrapping his arm around my waist. Half of my body was on him and i felt better.

His warm breath blowing through my hair as he exhales, i listen to his steady heartbeat beating like music to my ears. His chest rises and falls as he breathes under me that made my eyes heavy as i let sleep take over me.