Chapter Fifty Five

"Dad?" My eyes widened when I saw my dad going out of the car and let Pascale and Mamé into my house.

"Princess." He said as I ran towards him, suddenly feeling emotional after months of not seeing him. The last time would be when I left for Italy for that contract signing. "I left you alone for four months, and now you're pregnant."

"Dad," that's the only thing that escaped my mouth. He is indeed right, this is so sudden but what can I do, a baby is growing inside of me. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, love. Just make sure you love the baby and please do the right decision for the both of you." He said as he pulled me in for a hug again. "I know you can do it."

"Dad! Marck dad's here!" Jacque cheered as he saw our Dad and I hugging on the pathway. As soon as Marck rushed out of the house "I thought you can't make it."

"Well, I have to for my kids who didn't even messaged me once for four months." He said and he laughed as we all hugged each other. "Good thing Charles kept me updated." They all looked at me and my Dad smiled.

"It would be much better if he's my son-in-law." My dad mumbled as my brothers chuckled in unison.

"Oh come on, let's drop it. We're just waiting for Lorenzo." Marck said as he hurried us into the house where everyone is waiting on the balcony even Mamé.

It's still early to eat and I saw Pascale and Mamé sitting on the couch on the balcony. I decided to go to them since my brothers and our dad suddenly disappeared.

"Congratulations Anne," Pascale said as she pulled me in a hug when I went to them. She smiled as she pulled away but I know there's a hint of sadness in her eyes, and I know I have that too. "You're going to be a great mom."

"Hoping that the baby will be not as naughty as me when I was young, I was a handful back then." I joked as Mamé and Pascale laughed.

"Oh, sweetheart you are not. You're a good big sister to Arthur. Well except that day when you brought him to this house without even saying anything to us. You sneaked him out." Pascale reminiscences about what happened that day, I still remember my Mom telling me what happened that day when Charles and I finally met again after so many years.

Mom told me that Dad brought Jacque and Marck to Monte Carlo and left me with her, I was about 7 years old then and Arthur was 4, I was in my room playing with dolls and she left me just to get some food from the kitchen and the next thing she knew, Arthur is there with me playing with his toy cars. Good thing that my house is just the next one to Mamé's.

"I didn't remember it but Mom told me that, oh God, I was so ashamed that I did that." I laughed with them as I thought about it.

"No worries sweetheart, that day Charles was mad that he was not there to play with you because he went karting." Pascale laughed as she remembers everything about our childhood.

It was so nice remembering those times and I can feel my heart beating fast as the overwhelming emotion engulfed me. How I wish we could just be kids again, just us being silly, being in trouble, and still can get away with it and not even a care in the world.

"Thank you to all of you who made my childhood memorable, Pascale, Mamé," I said as I can't hold my tears and they instantly engulfed me in a hug.

"Don't worry Anne, this little one and Marck's little one will have what you had. I'll always be here for you like your mom was there for my kids." Pascale's soothing voice made me sob in her arms. "Until now even if she's not here, she still supports Arthur and Charles through your aunt's sponsorship. That's why I will always be thankful for your Mom."