Chapter Fifty One

"Anne, baby? Are you listening?" Mick said as he pulled me closer in the bed. I turned to look at him and saw him smiling at me. I can feel a lump in my chest as i smiled.

It never should've happened. I hate cheating but right now i feel like i just did it. Even if it's just a kiss. I felt terrible but i have to show how i feel too. Yes i know this is cheating but I can't deny that I love Charles.

"Charles did well today in Qualifying. Did you congratulate him?" He asked and my eyes widened. I smiled as I nodded, i saw him after the qualifying, i did a thumbs up. He knows that.

After the kiss we stayed there in his driver's room, me on his chest as we both leaned against the couch. We both know its wrong, but he still held me in his arms without a word.

"Are you going to the sprint race tomorrow?" Mick asked me as he breaks my thought again. I just shook my head as i held onto my tummy. "Baby, please don't bother mommy. Okay little one? Because Daddy wants to mommy to be there with him,"

He kissed the little bump on my tummy and that's where i lost it. I laughed. I laughed so hard as he looked at me, smiling like a four year old playing with his toy.

"What?" He giggled as he kept on rubbing the little bump that i have.

"Nothing, its just that you really love the baby." I said as he kissed it.

"I love you too. Both of you." He said as i felt a pang on my chest. My mind is still engulfed by the thought of Charles. His eyes. His scent. His presence.

"We should really sleep, I'm really tired. I love you." He whispered as I just smiled  in return,  because all i can think of right now is Charles, beside me. Hugging me.

As i closed my eyes, all i can feel is Charles beside me, his hands around me as we talked about how we realized we truly love each other, how damned our love is, how tragic it is now.

"If i could turn back time, I would've said everything that i felt before you left, maybe I would've asked you to be my wife now." He said as he pushed the stray hair on my face behind my ear.

"If we could turn back time, I would've said yes over and over again." I looked up to him and saw him smiling, finally that happy eyes that I've been longing for.

We stayed there for hours until his qualifying and thats the time we finally decided to part ways. Still not ready to let go, still having that feeling where you just need to be there for each other. But we have to.

~~~

"Baby, I need to go." I heard Mick's voice as i groaned and slowly sat up from the bed. I looked around and saw its already morning. I smiled as i saw him all ready for the sprint day.

"Okay, I'll text you if I'll decide to go there." I slumped down in bed as he kissed my forehead.

"Okay. Love you." He said before leaving me in the room and i went back to sleep.

I woke up when there was a knock on my room, so i dragged myself to the door and opened it just to see the hotel staff with a trolley of food.

"I didn't order this." I said as i yawned and looked at the staff.

"It was ordered by another guest for you. There's a note Ma'am." He said as i took the note off the the cover and my eyes widened with what i saw.

Don't forget to eat, for the baby. -Bud

I smiled as i let the staff in and placed the food on the table. I thanked him as he went out and went to open all the food. He really knows me well, bacon and pancakes with blueberries, vanilla ice cream and cappuccino. Its still 10am so its technically breakfast.