Chapter Seventeen

Its the weekend of the race and we are already here in Pite Havsbad for the ROC. I can feel the tension in the air for the race because I know the competitors are all champions, like in Indy 500, Formula 1, Nascar, and other races that are known.

I spent the whole morning taking notes of all the things that i need for the race. I took a sip of the hot coffee Corinna gave me before going with Mick to his practice. Still in a daze on how can i get through this.

"Anne?" I heard someone called out as I'm waiting for Mick to come back from his practice. I looked up and saw Felix Rosenqvist, my former teammate in Prema, and i was a vice champion and he's the champion. My eyes widened as he hugged me as i stood up. "Last time I heard of you is when you left Prema. "

"Yeah i left almost a year after you." I said as I pulled away from the hug.

"What are you doing here in Sweden? Are you gonna race too?" He asked as he sat down on the chair next to me. "I'm sorry for being abrupt, but its just I'm really shocked to see you here after all these years."

"Oh it's okay, well im here for someone, gonna try to co-drive for the first time." I laughed as i took a sip of my coffee again, trying my best to hide the fact that i am impatiently waiting for Mick to come and get me out of here.

"Oh who?" He asked as i looked at my notes, trying not to look at him. Because first, i dont really want to meet my former teammates before Mick. They we're so competitive, and i felt kinda bad for being left out because I'm a girl. All i did was prove myself that im better, and I did, even though i only came second.

"Anne, i was looking for you." A familiar voice called out, i felt all the tension in my veins suddenly faded when i heard his voice and I saw Mick walking towards us. He looked so good with his cheeks pink because of the cold. "oh Felix, didn't see you there." He said as he stood next to me, looking at me and Felix.

"Its okay mate. I was just surprised to see my former Prema teammate here." Felix chuckled as he looked at me.

"Yeah, and my co driver too." Mick said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Mom is looking for you too."

I felt relief because im so uncomfortable with meeting him. I just don't like some of my teammates last 2015 in Prema before, the only ones that are close to me before was Pierre, Ralf, and Zhou. Pierre because we basically grew up together, Ralf and Zhou because they were so nice to me.

Its just that i really had a hard time with some of my teammates before since they we're so competitive and when i started to be better than them they started to exclude me from everything, its just when in 2016 i finally felt included after i met Mick and his batch mates.

"Oh I was waiting for you to come back here." I said smiling as I held his hand making him smile. "oh Felix, i really need to go. It was nice catching up with you." I smiled trying my best to fake my sincerity, I stood up and internally chuckled as i saw Felix's eyes looking at Mick and back to me, his eyes wide.

"So you're together now?" Felix just said as his eyes fixated on Mick. "i thought you two we're just playing around before."

I looked at Felix in pure disbelief, yes we hid our relationship before but im just dumbfounded that he thinks like that towards us.

"We're not playing before Felix, we've broken up but we just got back together again." Mick and i can feel a surge of authority in his stance as he grabbed my hips when i stood next to him. "And my mother wants to talk to my girlfriend, so if you'll excuse us."

I smiled as Mick helped me pick up all my notes scattered on the table and handed me the coffee cup as he held onto the papers.

"We'll better go now Felix, nice seeing you again." I said as we excused ourselves. As we are both far enough from Felix i let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you." I muttered as i snaked my arm around his hand and leaned against him as we both walk towards the exit of the building.