Chapter Seventy Five

Charles

"You look like you're gonna cry," Jo said trying to calm my nerves, I know we've been civilly married yet here I am shaking from my core, excited to see my wife again, but right now to walk down the aisle.

"You'll know how it feels like when you'll marry the person you love." I just smiled as I took a deep breath and looked back through the aisle to the church door.

My heart just won't stop beating so fast the moment I saw her when I got her in the hotel room. I was just awestruck, not just by her beauty but her appeal to me. She just takes away my breath.

When she was taken from me my heart dropped but I had to get through it because she would walk down the aisle and I had to be at the altar waiting for her.

"You ready?" a coordinator asked and I nodded. And then and there the music played. There were cheers outside and I could feel my heart beating like a drum inside of my chest.

Once the doors opened I saw her with the light beaming behind her. Anne just took my breath away. I love her and I want to share my life with her.

As the music played, I just focused on Anne as I saw her smiling at me and I felt a rush of overwhelming joy in me. She is so beautiful and it makes my heart melt.

Seeing her walking down the aisle with my mother on her side and her dad on the other, brings back memories to me that I've only dreamt about her like this, her in a white dress, but right now she is here, my reality and my eternity.

It was like slow motion as she walked towards me, with her smile and loving eyes looking at me. I felt tears running down my eyes because of the joy I was experiencing.

A year ago I would never picture myself in a church and especially in my wedding, but right now here I am with the girl I've loved since I was young. She changed me in ways I couldn't think I could change. She changed me for the better and I will always love her for that.

"You better take care of her okay? If you do not love her anymore, just bring her back to me in one piece. Don't hurt her, because I would never forgive you if you did that." Rob said as he stood there in front of me with his daughter on his side.

"My intentions for her are to love her, to treat her right, and to be with her for the rest of my life. I would never think of hurting her, Rob." I whispered as I felt tears running down my eyes as I said that. He just pulled me in a hug and I can hear him cry too.

"Thank you, Son. Alexis would be very happy right now if she was here," he said and I sobbed. "Thank you."

As we pulled away he took a deep breath and handed me Anne's hand and there as I looked at her eyes behind the sheer fabric of the veil. I see her in tears too.

As I held her hand and the priest said that we must face him, I scooted near her so that our shoulders brushed with each other. We were giggling like teenage lovers as we stole glances at each other.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of God and these witnesses to join Anne and Charles in holy matrimony. Marriage is a sacred covenant, a lifelong commitment of love and support. Let us begin this joyous celebration with a prayer." the priest announced and my hand tightened around Anne's

"Heavenly Father, we come before you on this special day, asking for your blessings upon Anne and Charles. May their union be filled with love, grace, and divine guidance. Grant them strength and wisdom to build a strong foundation for their marriage. Amen." he continued as my eyes were just focused on Anne's warm hand. Rubbing my thumb against the back of her palm, reassuring her that everything is great.