Chapter Forty Four

"Anne!" Gina called out as she saw me struggling with my luggage out of the car. Mick magically appeared as he effortlessly pulled my luggage out, it became even heavier because Jacque bought dresses and suit for me and Mick.

I thanked Mick before he kissed my forehead as he pushed my luggage to where Gina and my brother is who are already on the porch waiting for us. As soon as we got near, she ran up to Mick and I, smile beaming in her face.

"What are you doing both doing here?" Gina asked as she pulled me into a hug. "I thought you're in Monaco."

"Oh, Mick and I decided to have a bit of vacation before he has to work in Brackley for Australia." I excused as i looked at Mick. Lying is not really my thing but i have to since the proposal is a surprise.

"Yes! We can go riding through the ranch!" She cheered as she pulled me to the house, its so nice in here, it felt like theres a slice of Switzerland in here and i happen to feel at home. The only thing that sets this apart from Switzerland is the climate, its hot in here.

As i excused myself to rest because of a 10 hour flight from London, Gina guided me to the room where Mick and I will stay at which overlooks part of the ranch and its with a small balcony.

As i entered, it was actually Mick's room, as Gina left me alone i took a closer look at the room and smiled as i saw pictures of their family, picture of Mick at the Award Giving Ceremony when he won F2,  and i saw a picture of us after the awarding when I won a podium in Hockenheimring and he was there to support me.

"I couldn't get near you when you had that podium, i have to wait for it to finish." Mick said as he wrapped his arms around me as he hugged me from the back.

"Well you couldn't because you weren't in F3 that time." I chuckled as i turned and i smiled as he leaned in to kiss me. "I had busted my lip that time." I said as i pulled away, remembering what happened on that last race.

"So that's why i tasted blood when i kissed you that time." He smiled as my cheeks heats up remembering that night. We stayed at their house in Germany that time after the race and my Mom left me thinking i went back to Italy for my post race celebration with FDA.

"Oh good thing Charles gave me wipes and napkins for the blood or you would have seen me with Medics hovering around." I said as he looked at me with his eyes full or confusion. "Yup, Charles gave me the wipes as soon as he saw blood when i took off my helmet."

"Thats nice of him." He smiled but i saw a hint of jealousy as pulled me towards the bed. "But right now, we need to rest for the proposal later."

"It's tomorrow." I corrected him as i took off my shirt and changed to something comfy before I want to sleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night with my phone ringing. I groaned as looked at the bedside table and saw that its not mine. Its Mick's and there I felt my heart dropped when i saw its Lou.

He is still in contact with her but why in the world is she calling in the middle of the night. I shook Mick's arm, trying to wake him up but its no use. I just put his phone into silent as i went back to sleep with a raging thought of him cheating on me.

Why am i even like this I should've lash out at him, but no I couldn't bring myself to. Everytime I try to talk to him about it, it seems like it slipped my mind like its nothing when everything about this is a big deal.

For hours I couldn't sleep, his arms wrapped around me as the night turns to morning, i just looked out the window still trying to clear my mind. That's where I sat up and decided to go to the stables, its still pretty early but i know Jacque or Gina is already awake. Still in my white nightgown, i slipped on my white silk robe that i brought and went downstairs,