Chapter Seventy Three

The Hungarian GP was a mess for Alpine. There has been another DNF like in Silverstone when Marck had his last race and now for Pierre, his first race was a DNF.

After the Hungarian GP, we went straight to Monaco because I really don't want to go to Spa. Not because I don't want to but because I still have that accident of Anthoine instilled in my mind. Marck was calling me that time he was so worried and he doesn't even know why hes worried in the first place.

Then it happened. Everything he said was incoherent because he knows that it was bad, and he knows that I know Tonio. He was close to us, especially to Pierre.

When Charles called me after he won Spa, he was crying and I can't even cheer because I know he was close to Tonio.

"Bud?" I looked up and saw Charles standing in the doorway or the guest room as I fixed his luggage I wouldn't let him fix it on his own because I know he'll trash it. "I know you don't like Spa..."

I didn't let him finish because I know he'll just ask me to come there with him. I stood up from the bed and went out of the room before tears fell down my cheeks.

"Anne please." He pleaded as I stopped in my tracks and he pulled me to face him.

"I don't want to go there because I am scared of anything that will happen to you or Arthur. Spa claimed another soul just this month, and I am terrified of anything that might happen to you there, much terrified now because the forecast is that it will rain so hard." I cried in front of him and his eyes softened when he saw me in tears.

"Oh, Bud." He immediately pulled me into a hug and I cried in his arms. "I'm sorry. I just really want you to be there since I know that next year you can't because of the company. It's okay if you won't come. I'm sorry."

I sighed as I realized that he is indeed right, next year I can't come that often because of the company.

"No, it's okay. I understand, I know I have to be there because I'm your wife and you're my husband. But I don't know if I can, it's been years but still, it hurts and It still terrifies me, Bud. If only I can I will forbid you from going there, but I couldn't, it's your job." I let out as I listen to his steady heartbeat in his chest.

"Hush Bud, I know. I know how you feel, I'm scared too," he whispered as we stayed there hugging each other outside of our room. "We better get some rest now, I'll go early tomorrow, and I just want to cuddle with my wife before I go."

He smiled as he picked me up and carried me to our room. He sighed as he laid me down on the bed and he slipped next to me, cuddling his head on my neck as we cuddled.

I don't want him to go, I want him to stay here with me but I can't do that, it will be so selfish of me to beg him to stay.

I just listened to his steady heartbeat against my frantic ones until I fell asleep between his arms.

I woke up so early as I realized that if I keep on running away and pushing what I fear I will be horrified by it for life. So I decided to pack my things and surprise him that I will come with him. All that matters is that I will be there for him.

I went back to bed slowly, careful not to wake him up. When I scooted closer to him he stirred up and pulled me closer to him as we both went back to sleep.

~~~

"Bud, why is your luggage here outside?" Charles called out as he finally noticed the luggage that I fixed for myself last night.

I slipped on my dress as I finally went out of the room fresh and ready to go, but. Charles doesn't know yet.

"Bud." He called out again and his smile widened when he saw me ready. "You're coming?" I nodded and he squealed as he ran up to me and spun me around on his shoulders.