Chapter Twenty Six

As we finally parked on a restaurant in Port de Cap-d'Ail, he looked at me and we burst out laughing. It was a roller coaster ride since the first restaurant we went to there was an event and there's a flock of reporters.

I'm pretty sure there will be pictures of me and Charles somewhere by tomorrow. I'm on the passenger seat covering my face and with a phone on my ear since im calling Mick and informing him about the dinner with Charles.

But knowing gossip sites, headlines will be I'm cheating on Mick with Charles or something like that.

I fiddled with my phone as Charles went out first to check if the restaurant has an event or something, and i waited in the car for him to come back.

Mick Schumacher and Anne Mille-Harman, officially dating.

I read the article and literally scoffed when they dragged Charles' name again. Im just fed up with this. Charles' deserves a peaceful life and love life.

"All clear, what's the matter?" Charles asked as he held onto the car door when he opened the passenger seat. I sighed as i gave him my phone and he read the article as i went out of his car. "This turned bad, Bud."

Its not that bad, but they're painting me as a girl who dumped Charles for Mick, even if in the first article they stated that Charles and I are from the same Principality. Its not that bad for me and Charles but its definitely bad for Mick because he is my boyfriend.

"Ive been called worse, check my Instagram messages." I muttered as i stood there in front him as he scrolled down through my messages. He looked at me with shock in his eyes as i sighed. "I should really do something now."

"No, i should too." He shook his head as he looked at me, his eyes full of worry and sadness.

"No need, I can handle this Charles. I'm a lawyer, i can defend myself. So sit back, relax and dont you ever stress over this." I stated as i hooked my arms on his' arms as we walked to the almost empty restaurant. its a bit late already so maybe its a great timing.

"Okay Miss Lawyer." He teased as he rolled his eyes at me.

As we both sat down on the furthest and kind of more private area of the restaurant, i texted Mick, assuring him that whatever people say about me is okay. I dont want him to be mad at people just because of me. I can handle the hate.

"You seem pretty quiet today." Charles questioned me as he sipped his glass of water since he doesn't want to drink because he is driving. "Is there anything wrong? Can't handle the stress, Miss Lawyer?" He teased again as i laughed.

"It's okay that they'll paint me as a bad person but what I don't like is that Mick is being targeted." I sighed as the smile faded from my face. Mick doesn't deserves this kind of insinuations.

"Defensive girlfriend." He just said as i playfully threw a petal that i found on the table of the flowers in the centerpiece.

"Oh come on. You'll do this too if its your girlfriend." I said as he chuckled.

"Good thing I don't have one." He stated as he beamed his smile at me.

"Yet." I assert as he looked at me, nodding his head.

When the food arrived we ate as we banter about little things, from the food that i ordered to how i even dress.

He has always commented about my choice of clothes, i do like this simple style, some flare pants sometimes jeans, loose dress shirts and sweatshirts/jumper, cardigans, coats, loafers, sneakers, flats or sometimes heels. I only wear dresses if its the last thing on my closet or im at a party which i did when we're in London.