Chapter Fifty

For two weeks I stayed here in Switzerland, and every day without missing one, Corinna is here with us for at least four hours, talking and sometimes even suggesting that we should buy baby clothes and baby things, but we refused since it was still too early.

"I still have to look for a company to renovate the other room, we want to have a door that connects to ours so that it'll be easy to see Micaela if she needs us," Mick said which made my eyes wide.

"Oh, so you already decided the gender of our baby? And you even have a name." I muttered as Corinna and I laughed at what he said and he just grinned.

"If it's a boy it's Andrei." He confidently announced as I smiled.

"Oh enough with it," Corinna intervened still smiling at the fact that his son is very excited with the baby. "You need to go back to the UK in a few hours so better get ready, Anne is well-taken care of here."

Mick just sighed as he stood up from the couch and went upstairs to grab his luggage as his Mom and I continued to be persuaded about me moving in for a week with them, but I just couldn't. I can't bring myself to.

We ended up filming a video of Mick and I talking about the pregnancy and how excited we are just before we drove Mick to the airport.

"Just make sure to call Mom if you need something, the fridge is full and if you need to cook just ask Mom and maybe she'll send someone." Mick reminded me as I sighed.

"I'm perfectly capable of cooking Mick." I reminded him as he laughed when he pulled me into a hug.

"I'll be worried if you won't call." He said as he kissed my forehead. "So please turn on your phone for me?"

"I still have my laptop but I'll turn it on later when I go back to the house." I smiled as he sighed and pulled away.

"Good." He said as he let go of my hand as he went to his mom and hugged her. He sighed before turning his back on us as he went to the boarding gates.

Corinna and I talked like genuine mother and daughter as she drives me to Mick's house. I can feel the sadness in her tone as she said goodbye to me when she dropped me off. But I have to be tough since I don't want to stay in the main house because I still don't want to see my hero like he is not there. Mick knows it and he understands it.

As the day passes by I felt a sudden emptiness because of the absence of Mick here beside me and I remembered to turn on my phone after weeks of not using it. I hope it still works and it did, but my heart sank when I saw the first message that popped in, it was just sent a couple of hours ago and it's from Arthur.

Anne, I don't know when you'll read this but I just want you to know that please come back to Monaco before Charles losses his mind and make a bad decision.

I began contemplating whether to call Arthur and ask what was wrong or just ignore it, but my heart can't take it if it was Charles. I sighed as I grabbed my phone again and dialed Arthur's number.

"Anne!" He called out and I can still feel my nerves racking from thinking. "I'm sorry if I sent you that message but it's about Charles."

"What about him? Is he okay? Is he planning to take drugs? Because he must never take drugs, Artie. Is he driving too fast in the road car? Is he drunk while driving?" I began to bite my lip as thoughts after thoughts rushed to my mind about Charles.

"Anne!" He stopped me and chuckled at the other end of the line. "He is not doing that, what I meant about the bad decision is asking Alex to be his girlfriend."

There I felt my heart get punched by the sudden truth, but I have to push my hurt and pain because even though I love Charles, there's a tiny human inside of me now and the father holds a piece of my heart too.