Chapter Sixteen

Its been two days since I've been here in Switzerland, and Dan his Performance Coach, decided to bring me in his exercises regime. It was pretty nice though since I've stopped my exercise when i flew to Italy but i absolutely refused the neck exercises because its horrendous.

Corinna would always pass by Mick's house to check on us every morning. I really felt bad on keeping the truth that Mick and I we're over from Corinna, because she is so nice ti me ever since Mick introduced me to her back in 2015.

"We're flying to Sweden tomorrow, sweetie." She reminded me as i completely forgot about that. I thanked her before she went out of the house.

I looked at my phone and saw a bunch of texts from Charles and none from Carlos. That was weird its been a day since he last contacted me.

Charles: Bud.
Charles: Please reply
Charles: Anne please call.

And i did because my heart started to race as I though about what the hell happened with this sudden urgency from Charles.

"Anne, thank you. You free?" He breathlessly asked me.

"Yeah, just got to the house, Mick's not here yet he still have training. Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked as i felt worried because why did he wants me to call and he took a deep breath.

"Are you with Mick?" He asked as my head is filled with confusion.

"He's not here now. I just told you, he's in training." I bit my lip i can feel my body tense in whatever he needs to say as he sighed which made my heart race again

"No, what i mean is that are you in a relationship with Mick? Again?" He asked as he took a deep breath like bracing himself with my answer.

"No. Why?" I asked rolling my eyes because i really thought it was something urgent as he sighed.

"Are you sure? Because Esteban saw Gina's story on Instagram, and he sent it to us." He sounded so skeptical about what I've said.

I groaned as i forgot about it. Gina really posted stories in Instagram a series of  pictures of her and Jacque while going out and the last one is a video of me and Mick playfully arguing while he's in the driver's seat and im on the passenger's arguing about if Harry Potter was in Slytherin he'll be the greatest wizard of all, with a caption "when your girlfriend is a lawyer and a Slytherin, and you're a wannabe Gryffindor."

I cant even say anything to Gina about the break up because Mick will be the one to break it to them after the ROC ends. Gina is as sweet as her mom and i dont want her to think of me differently now that Mick and i are already broken up for years.

"Anne?" Charles said on the other line which made me snap back to reality.

"Charles, its just that they didn't know that Mick and I were already broken up for years." I said as i walked into my room, locking the front door behind me. "Carlos already knows about this."

I did, i even called him about me pretending that I'm still Mick's girlfriend just until the ROC after Mick and I had that "talk" because the guilt was eating me alive.

"Charles. I know I've lied to you about Mick in the past but I promise you, we are just pretending, I don't want Corinna and Gina to think of me differently especially Mick has an upcoming race." I said as i sat there on the bed, hoping that he'll understand.

"I know its messed up but i promise you there's nothing between us." I continued as i sighed.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry for doubting you. Its not that I don't trust you, i dont trust the guy for you Anne." He said as he said. "I'll better head to Fiorano now. There's a testing have fun in Sweden tomorrow bud. Love you."