Chapter Sixty Eight

Monaco GP was a mess, standing on the hospitality just made me so frustrated and infuriated ever since the qualifying took place. Charles really did good but his engineers fucked up. He was the driver, yes but his engineers should have told him about the incoming car.

He was handed a three-grid penalty for impeding and that just blew my mind, after the race he even stopped me from going to their garage because, to be honest, I really want to speak to their strategist or even the engineer.

It just added to my frustrations that Arthur DNF'ed on his race as well. It was Monaco for god sake.

Two good things happened though, Charles and my brother are both in the top ten!

We were about to leave the circuit to grab some dinner and go to an after-party which we definitely needed. But Marck had to talk to his boss about something important that he didn't even want to tell us so we waited for him at the hospitality.

"How about we could just leave Marck and wait for him at the restaurant?" I asked Charles as he looked at me in disbelief.

"We'll just wait for him so that he won't be alone," Charles said as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ears as he smiled.

"But your car is a two-seater, where will he sit then?" I asked again as he laughed.

"He'll drive his car, Bud." He answered back at me chuckling at my impatience. "I know you're pissed off but don't worry, at least this time I finished the whole race."

We both laughed knowing that the pasts Monaco GP for him is worse than this year.

"Anne." someone called out and as I turned, I saw Mick standing on the hallway of the Ferrari hospitality.

"Should I leave?" Charles asked me as he stood up but I stopped him.

"No, you should stay," I told Charles as he sat back down next to me as he held my hand on the table.

"Gina told me," Mick said as he walked towards us. "And I just want to congratulate you both."

He smiled at us which made me confused. He just chuckled as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me.

"I knew from the start that I can't take you from Charles, he loves you more than I'll ever love you. My biggest mistake was not seeing the real you, the caring, the supportive, and maybe the best woman I have ever met. Ad I'm sorry for the baby." I saw the hurt in his eyes and I looked away as I don't want to cry from remembering what happened.

"I'm sorry for everything Anne." Mick placed the paper on the table as he took a deep breath. "Charles, I hope that you'll love Anne the way that I couldn't. It was foolish of me to see other girls when I had the best person by my side."

Charles just stood up from his chair and pulled Mick into a hug which made his eyes widen.

"Thank you, Mate." Charles casually said as I smiled. Charles is always the mature one, the level-headed one between us since im the one who always speaks her mind. "I'm sorry that what I did is so sudden but I know it's the right time for us to do it."

"No Mate. I'm the one who needs to say sorry. For pursuing her when I knew you love her. The day I went to the club I saw how you looked at her, how worried you were because I was there." Mick sighed as he smiled but I can see in his eyes that he was hurting and that he was trying to hide it from us.

But I know that he is hurting, I knew because used to love him, I used to notice everything about him. I used to feel my heart breaking when I saw him like this but now, I can just look at him and feel just a bit of hurt but not the hurt that I had before.