Seven Years [Police Officer!Aomine Daiki x Reader]

A/N- this was requested by UntouchableYou!

---

2nd Year of high school

"Oi, [F/N]." Aomine said.

"What." You replied to your boyfriend.

"Can you promise me something?" He suddenly asked and you turned your head and looked at him, since he never asked this type of question to you.

"Don't ever leave me." He said, not looking at you as you smiled.

"Of course, Daiki. I promise." You said and kissed his lips. You didn't expect to hear that from him, but he needed to hear you say it.

Little did he know that, that was the last time he'd see you. The last time he felt your touch. The last time he heard your voice.

---

Present Day // Aomine Daiki, 24 years old

'...a female high school student, approximately at the age of 17, suddenly disappeared after being seen walking through a neighbourhood. Reports from witnesses state that they have seen nothing, or no one of the fact. They have also stated that they have never seen the girl. However, they had spotted a school ID on the floor, lathered with blood. However, when it was cleaned, it revealed that the victim was [L/N] [F/N], a 2nd year student from Touou Academy. People are still on the lookout for the teen.'

'...it has been 3 years since the disappearance of [L/N] [F/N]. People are still on the lookout for her, but with no success. Police officers and detectives have tried to uncover any hidden facts, but with the same result...'

'...7 years have passed and at this point, people have stopped trying to look for her. Many people believe that she is dead, and have been for a long time......"

Aomine ran through the smoke, not caring that inhaling the deadly smoke and toxins could kill him. He just need to save you. To see you. Bullets flied everywhere, but thankfully missing Aomine. He heard a gut wrenching scream of fear and pain, and busted through the door with his body.

He spotted you there, lying on the floor, all bloody and tattered, with tears streaming down your face and blood streaming down from various places in your face. You winced as you struggled to reach out for Aomine, but a man was holding you down, making you immobile. He wanted to run to you, but he had 2 guns pointed to his head.

Aomine wanted to run to you, but he couldn't. His legs wouldn't cooperate. Aomine then clenched his teeth, and mustered up any strength he had.

"Dai...ki..."

He heard the loud bang of the gun pointed to your head, everything around him turning black.

Aomine rose up from his bed, his body covered in sweat, his chest heaving and breaths rushed and panicked. It was another nightmare. He had the same one last night, and the night before. He looked at his alarm clock beside his bed.

6:57 AM

Seven years have passed and Aomine became what he wanted to be. He was a police officer. But he never forgot about you. The news reports and nightmares, haunted him. Aomine hated himself for seven years. He hated that he wasn't there to save you in high school. He hated that it had to be you. He hated that it wasn't him instead.

Aomine couldn't lie back down. He didn't bother sleeping because he knew that he would just be tortured again. He just sat there, on the edge of his bed.

---

Aomine got to work, as usual. He was the best police officer in the force. He was strong, unbeatable, and knew how to handle crimes. But he wasn't happy. He didn't smile, he didn't talk much, and he didn't care about other people.

Aomine was outside with one of the departments K-9 dogs, when he heard his that his squad was going to an abandoned building handling a hostage.

Aomine put on his uniform, loading his guns, and then went to the car/van, ready to take care of this crime.

---

They arrived at the building after 10 minutes and stood on guard outside of the building, before getting the signal to enter.

"Just surrender and we will execute this calmly. If you refuse, we will have to take drastic measures." The main officer said through a loud megaphone.

"How can I surrender now, when I have the daughter of the world's biggest, most dangerous, and richest yakuza boss?" The culprit replied back through a megaphone, showing your face out through the broken window, making sure all the police officers saw you. You were alive, but barely breathing.

"I've kept her long enough. And now that her father is dead and I have the whole fortune, I don't need her anymore. But if you attempt to save her or arrest me, she dies." He said back to them, hanging you off the edge, causing Aomine's eyes to go wide.

'She wasn't...dead. She was alive the whole time...' He thought, as he wanted to rush in, but he knew that doing that would cost your life. The criminal exited from the window and tied you back to the chair, and handcuffed you.

The squad calmed down before entering the building. They sent in the best officers, including Aomine.

Aomine went up the stairs on the floor that the culprit was.

The way there was dangerous. The criminal had his own men to defend him, but Aomine and his team managed. However, he and his team got separated. He trusted his team, so he left, believing that they would come out alive.

Aomine stopped at the edge of the door, his back against the wall, his gun ready. He had minimal scratches from bullets, so he was fine.

He quickly turned his body, pulling his gun out, ready to face the criminal, when he felt his back being hit by a bar, and causing him to drop his gun, earning him two guns being pointed at both sides of his head.

"It's about time you came." The criminal laughed maniacally. Aomine saw you being crushed on the ground by the criminals weight, with your face all bloody and wet from your tears, and your conditioning worsening by the millisecond.

"Don't try anything. You try, she dies." The criminal said, tapping the gun to your head.

"You fcking bastard...let go of her right now. She's suffered enough." He glared at the culprit, who wasn't fazed by his threat.

They waited there, standing still.

Aomine remembered his dream from last night matched everything that was happening.

Aomine then decided to run and save you, risking his life. He didn't care if he'd die or get shot. He didn't care if he was going to bleed to death.

He just couldn't lose you again.

But before he could run, a door from the other side of the room was busted open, and his team was there and quickly executed the two men holding guns at his head, startling the criminal. While he was distracted, Aomine ran over and knocked the gun out of his hand, and stabbed the him in the gut with the hidden knife he had, and pushed him far away, leaving his teammates to handle the rest.

Aomine went over to you quickly, checking your pulse. He let out a relived sigh as he felt your pulse and saw your chest fall and rise, signaling you were still with him.

"Don't worry [F/N], I'll get you to the hospital. Just please, hold on." He begged you.

"Daiki...I'm so sorry." You sobbed as Aomine felt his heart rate speed up at the sound of your voice saying his name again.

"I'm sorry for breaking the promise."

"But you didn't leave me." He smiled at you for the first time in years, then rushed you to the hospital, not daring to let go of you.

A/N- woooooooo that was long *wipes sweat*

Anyways, see you guys next update!