Taller [Fukui Kensuke x Reader]

A/N - Please excuse the OOCness lol. I'm not used to this character cx

---

You were often insecure about your relationship with the point guard. You had heard from his teammates and some classmates that he likes girls that are not so tall. Seeing it as an obvious choice since he doesn't look too happy being the shortest out of all the overly tall starters on the Yosen team. But here you were, a girl who was a 'bit' taller than average, dating Fukui Kensuke, who was slightly shorter than you.

The relationship has been going well so far, seeing that there was no problems yet. Although you often downgraded and felt bad about yourself about your height at times. You just decided to push away those insecurities so it wouldn't concern Fukui because you believed you shouldn't burden people with your problems and inner concerns.

And it worked. Fukui hadn't noticed until after his practice that he noticed you sitting outside waiting for him with a slightly crestfallen expression. You hadn't noticed him until he nudged you on the shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Oh Kensuke! I didn't see you there," you said and immediately wiped the sad look on your face and replaced it with a smile. "Are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah, but what's with the long face? You're usually not like that,"

"It's nothing important, believe me. I just overthink and get upset over petty things," you brushed off with a laugh to make it more convincing.

"Hey, I know that's not how you laugh. What's the real problem here?" He pestered.

"Well...I...Fukui-kun..." You started. He noticed the change in names. You only used his last name when you were serious.

"Lately I've been insecure about myself. I feel so different from other couples where the guy is usually taller than the girl, but for us it's the other way around. And I don't know, I just feel off, y'know?" You looked down. You felt his knee nudge lightly against your back since you were sitting down.

"You dummy. It doesn't matter to me if you're taller,"

"But you said that you liked girls that were not so tall," you rebutted.

"That changed when I met you. I didn't really care you were a bit taller than me. I started dating you because I thought you were cute and I thought your personality was nice," he reassured you. You looked up at him and smiled gratefully at the reassurance.

"Heh. I guess so,"

"Now come on, I gotta walk you home," he said and held out his hand. You grabbed his hand and you both walked out of school, having a clear mind and a confident feeling.

---

A/N - hahahahaha how do you write Fukui?????¿¿???