Comfort Me [Murasakibara Atsushi x Reader]

The Yosen locker room was filled with eyes cast down in disappointment and silence. The sight of the final score was still fresh in their minds. Naturally, everyone tried to get over it. The third years then stood up and made their 'this is our last game and you guys didn't disappoint us' speech. The speech fortunately lightened the spirits of some of the members but not so much of their freshman giant.

When everyone finished changing, they exited from the locker room to reunite with their coach outside for the bus ride back to Akita. Himuro zipped up his bag and went over to Murasakibara who was still hunched over and unmoving.

"Atsushi, it's time to go," Himuro called to him, setting a gentle nudge of his hand to his large shoulder.

"Leave me alone Muro-chin," he replied. His senior sighed.

"Please understand that I'm as upset at the loss as you are. I'm no longer Taiga's brother but a deal was a deal and a loss was a loss. You can't linger in the loss of that game forever," he slightly scolded him.

"I've had enough of your scolding today Muro-chin. And no, I'm not upset. I just hate losing. Especially to someone like Kagami. I wasn't even trying," Himuro smiled slightly at his denial.

"If you weren't trying, then why did you give your all? I'm not blind Atsushi," Himuro turned his head slightly to look at him but Murasakibara only huffed slightly and looked away.

"Well, I'll be outside with the rest of the team. Please hurry up and rejoin us. We'll leave soon," Himuro informed then left Murasakibara with his thoughts.

You turned around at the sound of footsteps behind you that revealed to be Himuro's.

"Ah, Himuro-senpai, is Murasakibara still in there?" You asked worriedly.

"Yes. He's still quite upset about it. I'd like to ask if you would talk to him for me. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me right now. And I'm hoping you're the one that'll be able to get to him," Himuro asked as you nodded.

"Yes yes, I will. I'll talk to him right now. And I'm sorry,"

"Sorry? For what?"

"About you and Kagami-kun. I knew that you both were very close brothers and to have lost to him like this must be upsetting for you too,"

"Ah, that. It's true that I'm upset, but me and Taiga made a deal and I lost. Therefore, we're no longer brothers," Himuro's eyes were cast down slightly as a sad smile was plastered on his face. Before you could ask any more, he looked back at you.

"But anyways, please talk to him. I'm sure he would secretly appreciate some comfort from you,"

---

You opened the door slowly, causing the hinges to creak. Peeking your head through the crack, you saw your boyfriend's back facing you. Murasakibara didn't bother to look back since he thought you were Himuro.

"Mura-kun?" Your softly called for his attention only for him to not give any form of answer. You let out a deep sigh, closed the door behind you, and went over to him and took a seat.

"You did great out there you know," you broke the silence.

"We lost, [L/N]-chin. We lost. We didn't do great if we lost. I didn't do great. I wasn't even trying," Murasakibara was always a bad liar about these things.

"I know you Mura-kun. I can tell whether you didn't care about the game or whether you were trying or not," you leaned forward to catch a glimpse of his face but he only turned his head away from your sight.

"Come on, look at me," you tried to tilt his chin towards you, only for him to jerk his head back to the side. You didn't want to deal with any more of his stubbornness so you rose up from your spot and went in front of him. Placing your hands on both sides of his face, you led it up to your view and saw his violet eyes glossy with tears.

"I didn't want to lose [L/N]-chin. I hate losing. Especially to someone like Kagami and Kuro-chin. I just...I just want to..." His tears and desperate holding back of tears interrupted what he was going to say. Without a word, you just pulled him to yourself as he wrapped his arms around your body. You patted his back and tried to comfort him as best as you could. After he had calmed himself down, you said,

"Just because you lost a game doesn't mean it's the end. That loss doesn't make you or anyone in Yosen any less better. You're still amazing and everyone is still amazing. There's no use in crying over something that's over," Murasakibara ceased crying. You pulled away from him a bit, but his arms still wrapped loosely around you. You smiled down at him and planted a light kiss on his lips.

"Are you okay now?" He nodded lightly.

"Good. And stop being such a baby okay?" You joked. Murasakibara only glared, but it turned out to be more cute than menacing.

---

A/N - I'm so glad that I was finally able to write up a request! I apologize for taking so long. I was procrastinating and a bunch of other stuff came up. I won't bother pulling up more excuses because it sounds repetitive. But please, continue to be more patient with me!