Part 13: I need to know

Unfortunately, I couldn't find out more on Haise's secret crush. Because of Gin-sensei's silly joke, Haise resolved to drop the conversation and leave the bath.

It seems like I need to investigate Sougo to get more information. Who is that brat close with lately? Tomorrow I shall find out.

Although my mind was full of what happened in that one day, my body was too tired to be awake. Thanks to the hot bath, I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I overslept the next morning. I thought I'd just skip breakfast, but I remembered that Haise needed to be saved from eating human food. So I got dressed very quickly and rushed to the dining room.

But Haise was nowhere to be found... I quickly realized that you could just skip this breakfast schedule easily - nobody would notice if you didn't come, since it's a regular 'hotel breakfast' type.

Feeling stupid, I decided to just 'steal' some sandwiches to eat in my room, while watching anime on my phone.

After the meal, I wanted to check on Haise and the bunny we rescued last night. It made me remember that little kiss on cheek he gave me. Did it mean something... or just a casual greeting type kiss? Adding the onsen incident, I would definitely be embarrassed just to see his face.

But I figured I needed to talk to him sooner or later. So I plucked up courage and knocked on his bedroom door (the one facing the garden).

"Yes," I heard his voice and his footsteps coming closer.

Oh my God my heart is racing already.

The door opened.

Haise was in his sleeping robe - which resembled a summer yukata, you know, the traditional Japanese clothes people wear to festivals and such.

But there's more. His robe was a bit sloppy, so I caught a glimpse of his legs and thigh. I quickly averted my eyes from this glorious sight. And I found his sleepy face and messy hair.

He looked extremely cute - well at least the upper half did. The lower half, what's with the loose robe and exposed leg parts, was too sinful to be discussed during school trip (If I'm not careful, this could turn into smut).

"Oh, good morning," he sounded a bit startled by my presence, and tried to fix his robe.

"Uhh, sorry if I woke you up..." I tried to avoid eye contact.

"No, actually thanks for waking me up. I overslept..." he smiled while fixing his hair.

I couldn't help but staring at his hair when he did this. Did he dye it white when he's younger? Was he in a band or something?

Haise seemed to realize what I was thinking, "This is natural you know."

I didn't look convinced.

"You can touch it if you don't believe me," he bent down so I could reach the top of his head. "Bleached hair would feel different."

I touched it. Not because I didn't believe him, but because I was given the chance to!

"It's soft..." It also smells nice...

He tittered. I realized that I was petting his head at this point.

"Aaa sorry, but you're just too fluffy!"

Haise laughed, "It's okay, it's the first time I was being petted and it's good to experience new things."

Haise-kun... If you keep being lovely like this, it would really break my heart when you're officially dating the person you like...

Haise noticed my silence and broke the awkwardness by bringing up the bunny.

"Do you want to see it?" Haise walked to his bed, "Come here."

The little baby rabbit was sleeping, looking cozy. Haise made a little nest out of his blanket.

"It's still very young so it's hard to determine its gender, but I think it's a male," Haise explained.

"Are we keeping him?"

"Maybe it's better to release him back, his family might be looking for him..."

"I suppose you're right..."

"But for today let's keep him with us. We'll return him before we go home," he tried to cheer me up.

I smiled at him.

"Uh, I better get ready," Haise was aware of the time.

I excused myself and left his room. It's weird. I should be happy that we're much closer than before (I even got to touch his pretty hair), but since I knew that he already liked someone... Everytime I talked to him... it hurt a little.

---

Today's schedule was to visit the aquarium and a local newspaper factory.

Haise brought the bunny with him, so he could feed it and keep it warm. And you know how explosive it would be if you combine one sexy item and one cute item: almost all the students and even some teachers (especially female ones) were flocking around Haise.

It's like going to a celebrity meet and greet. There's no way I could penetrate that wall surrounding him. But that's okay, since I was on another mission anyway.

I looked for Sougo.

As soon as I spotted him, I followed him to the bus and casually sat next to him.

"Oh, Sougo-kun, good morning," I said with the sweetest voice.

Sougo-kun stared at me with his reddish brown eyes, full of suspicion.

"Did you have nice sleep last night?" I kept trying to be nice. I wanted some information out of him.

Sougo placed his forehead on mine, "Do you have a fever?"

I broke away from him, forcing a smile, "No, I'm completely healthy."

"Then why are you suddenly acting nice?"

"What do you mean? I'm always nice."

"Hello who dis," he mocked me.

"You little--," I almost fell into his game. So I calmed myself down. I wanted to know the person Sougo's closest with, which would be the girl Haise liked. It would hurt me to find out, yes, but I liked pain, ha ha ha *cries*

"What do you want?" Sougo asked to the point.

"A-are you close with a girl right now?"

He stared at me again, "Why, are you jealous?"

Yes I am jealous of that girl.

"Just curious," I shrugged. "You're like my mom after all, I want to know if I get a dad or another mom."

"Idiot," he muttered.

"Fine if you don't want to tell, I'll ask your mates!" I turned to the backseat and hollered at Sougo's friend, Yagami Light. "Light-kunnn, does Sougo have any fans?"

"A lot," Light replied.

I looked at Sougo in horror, "Sougo... You-- you are popular? Do they know your real personality?"

Sougo was so annoyed it's like he's about to eat me alive.