Part 25: Choose...

"Can I go see the dinosaurs too?"

"Of course."

"Mm, when?" I fidgeted.

Akashi Sei knew my real motive, "You want to see Sasaki Haise."

Ugh this person is so sharp. "I want to see the supposedly extinct animals too..." I muttered. Adding to myself: cute boys fighting dinosaurs.

"Are you in love with him?"

I didn't answer.

He sighed, "Let's go and see them then."

This person... is actually a nice guy?

On the way to the private safari park, we talked about what we'd been up to for the past couple of years. Apparently Sei was sent abroad by his father to study medical sciences, and now back to our city for a placement at a relative's hospital.

"The carnivores containment is after this petting area," Sei explained when we got out of the car. "We'll be able to see the infants on the way."

"Yes!" Dino babiessss!

We got into an open space where some younger plant-eating dinosaurs were relaxing. I ran over to a tiny baby Triceratops, who seemed to be sneezing. I needed to touch that cute thing!

But my commotion had attracted another youngling with long neck. It dashed towards my direction, probably thinking that I had food. Even though it's still an infant, the size was comparable to an adult Great Dane. In a nutshell, it'd knock me down and probably crush some of my ribs.

'H-Haise', I thought of that person in the second I realized I could be in danger.

It wasn't the man I called who saved me this time. Akashi Sei had somehow arrived between me and the danger. He calmly tap his palm on the young animal's shoulder, and the next second it tripped to the ground. I didn't know what kind of magic he used but the baby Brontosaur lost its balance the moment it looked into Sei's eyes.

It wailed a little after falling. Sei stroke its head softly, "Be polite to the guest." The baby seemed to enjoy being spoilt by the young master.

I was amazed by Sei's charm. "Thanks... but how did you do that?"

He smiled, "I used to play basketball."

Huh? What's that got to do with immobilizing wild creatures?

I made a note in my head that the next time he asked me a question, I'd answer with something completely irrelevant. As a revenge.
'Who is your favorite character in Haikyuu?'
'Yes'.

We went through at a gate surrounded by tall massive walls. There's an escalator that took us to a large corridor with thick window glasses, from which we could see the manmade forest habitated by the meat-eating dinosaurs.

The first thing I saw was the huge teethy dinosaur lying unconscious on the ground, not far from where Sei and I were. On top of its head, Suzuya-san crouched and patted the beast. Next to them, Haise stood holding a sharp-looking stick. He's facing us, wearing a pensive expression.

"They finished the task quicker than I expected," Sei was impressed.

I didn't say anything, still fixing my eyes on Haise. Him, on the other hand, was glaring at Sei. It felt like he loathed having to kill the animal. I was ashamed that I had been excited to see them fight. Because of this, I couldn't show my face to Haise, so I turned away. Sei noticed this and put his arm around me.

The sudden touch brought a distant memory, to the last time Sei-chan had me in his arms. Back then, my heart was racing so fast it almost exploded. I had loved this person so much...

But this time it's different.

It felt awkward and... void. No sparks at all. Like being touched by an old friend, or a sibling, or a Sougo (okay maybe not that far). But it's definitely different from my skinship with... Sasaki Haise.

At that moment I knew that I had completely moved on from the red haired male. Something I thought was impossible before my life was filled with striped pants and monochromatic pigments and... more striped pants... (I'm not good with romantic words)

We gathered up with Haise and Suzuya-san at the car park. Despite their previous activity, there were no scratches on either of them. I suspected that these two, when combined, could actually manage world domination.

"Miss, do you have more sweeties?" Suzuya-san extended his palm in front of me.

"A-ah, only one left though," I handed him a small lollipop type candy.

"Haise, she's good like you," the black-haired boy turned to his friend. "Sweets-supplier type people. I ship."

"??" Suzuya Juuzou ships me and Haise?

"Thank you for your service," Sei was being formal to his hitmen again. "You're all welcome to stay at this resort for the weekend."

Haise looked at me, as though waiting for my reaction. This confused me; what should I react to?

"We will also prepare a room for her, if she wants to stay," Sei referred to me, putting his hand on my back. "Or she can just sleep in my room."

Ehh? That is a bold move, Sei-chan! What are you trying to achieve here? I admit that long time ago I always dreamed of being shown this and that while listening to the Akashi Sei saying, 'I'm an emperor down there too' but! Right now I don't want to know these things anymore. My priority right now is to find out if 'the carpet matches the drape' in Haise's living room
Oh my God what am I babbling about (*_*) But if the hair on his head is white and black then what color are his... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Thank you for your offer, but we have something else planned," Haise broke my inappropriate daydreaming. "This includes her too."

M-me too?

For a second or two, Haise and Sei were like in a stare-off. While Suzuya-san watched merrily, enjoying his lollipop.

Then both of them turned their gaze on me, waiting for my answer. It's like they're interrogating me telephatically:
'So? Do you want to stay with me or go with him?'
'Choose... choose...' ('Look at me... Say my name...')
The pressure was real.

"Su-suzuya-san..." I pleaded for help from the only chill person there.

"You can call me Juuzou~" he said happily.

Okay this isn't helping, but it's cute so I'll let it pass.

"I... I'll follow Juuzou-kun, ha ha ha," I laughed nervously. Of course I'd choose Haise over anyone else, even if it's Sei-chan, but I didn't want to upset anybody so I figured this would be the best solution.

"Juuzou is sleeping at Haise's house tonight," declared the boy with stitches.

Welp it seems like I'm also sleeping at Haise's house tonight.

Sei-chan's eyebrow game was so strong at this point, I didn't dare to look directly at his face.