Part 51: Make it kawaii

I entered the classroom gracefully. No, that's a lie. I walked like a robot in a dire need to be oiled.

"Hi guys!" I waved to the class. Some of them waved back in confusion.

Duck, I'm supposed to talk more formally. If these teenagers are not shown who's the boss from the beginning, they'll step on you later on.

"I... I mean, hi." I used lower and stricter tone.

The students were all silent and had their eyes fixed on me.

"Open the book at page 84," I tried to give a command speech, and watched all of them obediently did what I asked.

So this is how it feels to stand in front and be the teacher. I practically have the most power at the moment. If I ask them to kneel before me, they shall obey.
[Mm no, it doesn't work like that]

But this was not the type of environment I want to teach in. I wanted to be a fun teacher. Hell, Kuroko said that Sasaki-sensei made the class interesting. I didn't want to lose!

"Uh, guys, I was only kidding about the page 84," I scratched my cheek and began introducing myself. "I'll only be a substitute teacher until Shiori-sensei comes back, so if everyone can cooperate with the lesson, we can keep it less formal."

"Sensei, you're too nice," one of the girl students raised her hand. "Some of us are like wild animals, they need dictatorship."

"Really?" I chuckled. "I don't mind 'wild' as long as you don't disturb others, and of course, you have to keep up with the lesson. I'll try not to make it boring too."

I made a pact with them, that if they behaved and if we could finish a certain amount of lesson early, they could have free time until the bell rang.

"So today we'll learn about the components of the cells. After my explanation, let's try to draw each one, label the parts and make it a cute character! Those who can make it accurate but also kawaii, will be given a special reward!"

"Eeeh what is it?" They were curious.

"This lucky charm," I flung the tiny pouch to show them, "Said to give good luck in your love life. I have a similar one and I can say that it works - like a charm." I snickered.

"Sensei... Your sense of humour is just like Sasaki-sensei's..." A student commented.

Another one added, "Yeah, it's bad..."

I don't know if I should be happy or sad...

---

The first day of teaching went smoothly, and I only had to do the similar thing on Thursday. That's basically it.

Going back to the infirmary, I found that someone was lounging on the cot.

"Gin-san, this is not your bedroom!" I rested my hands on my waist and told him off. But he kept sucking on his lollipop lazily, looking like he's about to fall asleep.

Someone entered the room and called my name, "... heyyy how's it going?"

"Hey Mii-chan, all is good, how's you?" I gave her a little hug.

"All great too. Oooh you have a private bed? Awesome! Gin-sensei, let me try it out too," Mii tried to climb into the bed.

"No! Both of you, please behave like an adult," I couldn't help but to laugh at these two.

"What, you mean like, do adult stuff on this bed? Oh my, Sensei, I don't know if I'm comfortable with you watching," Gin sounded more energetic now.