Part 60: Onsen Take 2

The hot spring resort we visited was the exact same one from the school trip! I didn't really notice until just now. Some might say that I was braindead and I'd agree normally, but this time I really didn't bother to check where we were going.

I suppose I get too relaxed when I know Haise is with me. I literally trust him with my life, wow. This is quite scary, considering we've only known each other for several months?

"What's in your mind?" He smiled, watching me. We had just checked into the facility and now walking to our room.

"Just thinking... you could do anything to me and I wouldn't even say no," I was still thoughtful.

"What are you saying when we're just about to check into a hotel room," he laughed, "it's too ominous."

I poked his side. "Haise, you're getting too dirty-minded, people are going to riot!"

"I was dirty-minded from the first place," he shrugged, "don't like, don't read."

Oh my god he really is getting too sassy, I can only apologize on his behalf.

"We all thought you're so pure," I gasped.

He laughed, "Do you like me less now?"

"I'm already in too deep, it's too late for me now," I clinged to him.

We got to our room and it's much prettier than the ones we stayed in last time.

"Wow, a VIP room?" I scanned around impatiently. It's a Japanese type room with kotatsu and all, albeit having a modern mattress bed - still in a traditional theme though. And what made me really excited was the door to a small terrace, connected to a huge garden with, behold, a private outdoor onsen pool !!

"This pool is so big for a private bath!" I exclaimed, too ecstatic, "I think the whole water tribe could fit in there!"

"Don't reference the series you haven't watched," Haise was amused at my reaction.

"Ah I really want to have a soak right away!" I imagined how therapeutic it would be to just relax in the warm water by the cool evening air.

"Good idea," Haise opened the wooden wardrobe next to the bed and took out a set of towels. "Let's get in together."

Wait, together?

My thoughts must have been written very clearly on my face, for Haise asked with a mischievous grin, "I'm sure the pool is big enough for both of us, don't be greedy."

"But... we have to be naked to get in there, it's the rule."

"Yeah, so?" He keeps grinning, having fun teasing me. I felt like fighting back.

"Luckily we are allowed a piece of hand towel in there, so I will be covering myself and we will be a very respectable couple this evening, Amen."

"I'd like to see you cover yourself with that hand towel you mentioned," he passed me the tiny piece of cloth. Upon inspection, I was sure if this towel was spread vertically it would cover only both my nipples and my coochie. And this was like, barely making it.

"W-well—" I stuttered, "I'd also like to see you try covering yourself with it!"

"This isn't big enough to cover me, of course," said he, exaggerating the size of his pride. "But I have never minded being bare around you."

This guy wants me dead, I swear.

I covered my face with the hand towel. "I really thought you had a shy personality, Sasaki Haise-kun."