Part 49: New role, new people

The final exam week passed pretty quickly. Since everybody was busy and focused so much on the tests, nothing interesting happened.

Although, soon after the exams were over, everything happened at the same time.

The biology teacher took a maternity leave, so the school searched for temporary teachers. And I was asked to teach some of the classes!

Because I could only teach for two days (since I still needed to work at the infirmary), someone else was hired as the main substitute teacher. She's a freshly graduated medical doctor. Her name was Mii.

The exciting part was that she's my (and Mitsu's) childhood friend! I used to hang out with Mii until she went to study overseas during my high school years (she graduated first since she's two years older than me). 

She was as mad as Mitsu - that's like, one level crazier than me. 

What made her come back in town?

"I'm stationed at the hospital near here for a few months! Sooo happy to see you!" Mii kissed me on both cheeks then forehead and my nose, and I stopped her when she's about to smooch my lips.

"Only for a few months? But Mii-channn I want you to stay forever!" I messed her long black hair. "I love that you still keep your long hair, it's so silky!"

"Aawh and you also have very nice skin!"

"O-oh, thanks!" I took the compliment happily.

"It's your turn to praise me back, come on," Mii grinned.

"Cut it out, Sadako*," I poked her nose.
[*creepy ghost from The Ring movie with long black hair, I think most already know :D]

"So, what do you do at the hospital? Will you be able to keep up with your job as a teacher too?"

"I have shifts at the hospital for only three days and I work here for another three, so it's all good! Anyway, I heard you've got a boyfrienddd!"

I blushed, "Yeah... Are you seeing someone too?"

"I went to med school, of course I'm single. Who has the time for relationship?" Mii dilated her eyes in frustration. "Ah, but maybe I'll get to date some boys now. I heard the kids here are of good quality?"

"Mii-chan! You can't date students! Are you still into younger boys? I thought you would have turned into a decent folk at this point!"

"There's a superhot intern guy at the hospital I worked in, his eyes are golden and his hair is crimson..."

"That sounds familiar..."

"But I found out that he's filthy rich and he's from a noble family, so it's an instant turn off for me," Mii shuddered.

"Why do you hate rich guys? Also, that is Sei-chan...Akashi-kun, isn't it?"

"You know him?"

"Long story, I'll tell you later. So?"

"Well, I am allergic to rules and all the posh things that come with marrying into a renowned family," Mii stated confidently. "I like down-to-earth type. I don't need money, I need LOVE. Aaah Love... L-O-V-E, Love... L, is for Life, because... what is life without love? O, is for 'Oh wow!'"

"Mii-chan, stop quoting TV series, my time is too precious for this. Let's go back to gossiping."

"How's Mitsu-chan? I miss her so much!"

"Oh, she's got a cell phone now - God help us - here, let me give you her number!" We twiddled with our phones and exchanged contacts. "You know, Sougo is here too!"