Part 17: Comments

Akashi Sei did not stop to talk to me. He kept walking and at the moment he's just next to me, he said casually, "I'll see you soon."

Haise strenghtened his grip on my waist. I turned to look at his face, but his fringe was covering his eyes. Although, I could feel that he's unhappy.

"Who is he?" Haise asked in a monotonous voice. It's the first time I heard a hint of anger in his speech.

Sensing my discomfort, Haise drew his hand away from my body and forced a smile, "Ah, sorry, I know it's none of my business..."

But I kinda wanted it to be his business... So I told him briefly about what happened between Sei and I.

"Well I have nothing to do with him anymore, so... Let's forget what just happened and enjoy the amusement park," I laughed nervously. "Let's... get some coffee?"

Haise patted my head, "Okay."

---

"So?" Gin-sensei showed annoyance in his voice, "Why the hell are you all here?"

Queueing for the 'T-rex Splash' ride, some familiar faces accidentally gathered: Haise and I, Ginpachi, Sougo, and Light.

"Meeting everyday at school, going to trip together, I'm sick of seeing you lot's faces," Gin continued his rambling.

"Same. But we're here first," Sougo claimed, "Why don't you all try other rides?"

"I heard merry-go-round was good," Light added.

"No way!" Gin remarked, "I've queued this far. You're the ones who should go, go play Dumbo or something, something suits your baby age!"

Haise tried to calm them down, "Let's not fight at this place... People are staring, Gin-san."

"Yeah, there are five of us," I supported Haise, "Perfect number to fill in one cart. We can enjoy the ride together."

The three of them gave us demon-like glares.

T-rex Splash was like Splash Mountain type ride. Five of us were sitting in a log cart, floating on water and riding through caves. There were some fake dinos here and there.

But for me, the main attraction was my log-mates' comments all through the ride.

"Why aren't there dragons, they should put more creatures here, ones that spit fire."

"That one looks like Barney."

"The purple dinosaur? Or Neil Patrick Harris?"

"... Shut up."

"The dinos are dining."

"This ride sucks."

I wanted to comment on their comments, but suddenly the log went faster and-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH"

It's the climactic steep drop. We knew that there would be a waterfall thing at the end, but we're distracted by the things inside the cave and didn't expect the fall to happen.

"What the f---!" Sougo shouted after we caught our breath back.

"Hey, language!" I told him off.

"Relax, we're not at school," said Gin.

"Oh right, sorry Sougo."

"You're all terrible teachers," Light mumbled.

"What did I do?" Haise protested.

The rest of us: "Puns."

Haise pulled a sad face and called my name, "you too?" insinuating that he expected me to be on his side.

I apologized and patted his head ♡

Gin, Sougo and Light stared at us with disgusted faces. They're conversing without even looking at each other; instead, they kept eye contact with Haise and I, judging us.

"I hate when other people are happy."

"Me too. I especially despise lovey dovey couple."

"I especially despise this particular couple."

"Haise," I said while hiding my red face, "kill them all." I tried to show that I was angry rather than smug - because they said that Haise and I were a couple... kya!

"We're going to the 3D theater next," Sougo warned, "Don't follow us!"

"What the hell, I planned to go there since before you said that!" Apparently Gin had the same idea.

And so they're arguing again. We kept walking towards the 3D attraction and none of them wanted to lose.

"And why are you two following us again?" They finally projected their irritation on Haise and I.

"Just to annoy you more," I answered, fully aware that this would be like spraying flammable gas to fire.

"Haise-kunnnnn, control your woman!" Gin tried to sound calm, despite his aggravated face.

"She's not his woman- she's not even a woman," Sougo added some insult too.

Embarrassed, I turned to see Haise's reaction.

"That... That is not a nice thing to say to a lady," Haise looked away.

N-no way, did he get shy?

H-Haise... I- I can't figure out if you're an uke or a seme...!