Part 38: Smart people

I asked Noya-san if he saw anyone when I opened the door, but he said there was nobody inside the infirmary other than myself.

That mysterious guy had less than three seconds to disappear. What was he? Or maybe he's just my imagination? Because I thought I wanted Haise to have a love rival, I accidentally created one with my mind.

If I had this kind of ability, I wouldn't have been lonely or heartbroken ever. I could create imaginary boyfriends as I liked.

I looked around to see if I could spot the "stalker".

"What's the matter?" Haise noticed. We're walking together, about to leave the school ground.

"Uh, nothing..." I didn't want to make a scene before confirming that the black-haired guy was real.

"Haisensei~" A certain lewd voice, followed by its pinkish-haired owner appeared.

HAISENSEI?? Are you freaking kidding me? This woman is giving cute nickname to my boyfriend??

"Oh Kirei-sensei, what is the matter?" Haise replied to her politely.

I noticed that this Kirei-sensei had the first two buttons of her shirt loosened. She squeezed the sides of her breasts with her arms, making them look bigger and let her cleavage popped out.

"Haisensei... Will you come with me and discuss about next week's exam materials?" She sounded like an innocent new teacher trying to get help.

"My apologies; I already have plans with my girlfriend today," Haise introduced me to her.

Oooh burnnnnn! I cheered inside.

"Hmmm what about tonight then? After your plans are finished... The other literature teacher is scary, you're the nicest one," she pleaded.

Making plan at the night time, in front of me?? I should've brought that medical scalpel with me!

"I... don't think it's appropriate," Haise declined. "I'm sorry, Kirei-sensei, but I think we should discuss this at school hours."

"Jaaa, it's decided then! We'll discuss it at school. I'll see you at the teacher's office tomorrow!" She winked and then left before I could protest.

This is definitely her plan! Her aim is to spend time with Haise, no matter when it is. She knows Haise can't decline too many times, especially  when it's regarding school stuff.

I was so annoyed but I didn't want to become one of those unreasonably jealous girlfriends. Haise had given the best response and he didn't seem to be attracted to her at all. If I flipped out now, he'd think that I was petty.

And as soon as I became the "unreasonable" one or if we had a fight, there would be a crack  for that girl to get in. She'd play the good person. She'd be the one who comforted Haise when he faced relationship problems.

I know how this kind of people operate. Don't mess with me. I have years of experience reading shoujo manga. I own this game.

Haise called my name, "Are you jealous?"

E-eeeh why am I exposed this soon?? There goes my whole theory!

"N-no, why would I," I mumbled, looking at my feet as I walked.

"You're so cute," Haise wrapped his arm around me, pulling me to his body. "It's okay to be jealous when other people are trying to flirt with your lover."

It made me relieved that Haise acknowledged Kirei's advance. It would save all the drama of him being oblivious / accused me of being paranoid etc. This is why I like smart people.

"Besides, it means you like me sooo much it drives you crazy..." he joked, making the atmosphere a bit lighter.

"I don't like you that much..." I pulled my tsundere act.

He gasped, touching his chest. "T-take it back... Ouch, there's an inexplicable pain in my chest..."

"You dork," I giggled.

I think... I love him.

---

"When did you last feed Ken?" I asked when we got into Haise's apartment. I kinda missed the pale emo boy.

"I don't remember. Didn't you do it last?"

"What? Haise... We can't starve him! Poor little baby!"

"People don't usually feed ghost, darling. It's not like he needs any food to survive. This is just like a snack for him." Haise went to his room to change into more comfortable clothes.

"You're mean. I'm going to spoil him," I went to Haise's fridge to find some blood packs. I unknotted the tube and then called the white-haired kid.

Soon, blood was filling the tube to the open end, as though being sucked by an invisible force. Few seconds later, Ken was seen with the other end of the tube between his pale lips.

"Where have you been," he sulked. "You haven't fed me in a week."

"I am so sorry, please forgive me!" I begged. "I'll pamper you as much as you want today!"

He side-eyed me. "If you really want to. It's not like I enjoy your spoiling me or anything."

When Haise was back from his room, he found me sitting on the couch with Ken laying his head on my lap. The ghost was still slurping on the blood like a kid drinking from a juice box.

The half-ghoul whined at Ken, "You come into my house, disrespect my hospitality, eating my food... monopolize my girlfriend..."

I laughed, "Haise, stop with the meme. I'll spoil you too. Come here."

"There's no room for him," Ken shook his head on my lap. "Keep stroking my hair."

"Why do I have to compete for my girlfriend's attention..."

"Ken," I tried to persuade the little guy. "Haise had a long day. And I kinda miss him. Can I cuddle him too?"

"No."

"Please? I'll give you more food," I grinned.

"Can I eat his kagune?"

"What??" I laughed. This kid was so hardcore.

"That's it, I'm calling an exorcist," Haise was so done. "This evil spirit is definitely trying to kill me."

"Nooo," I kept laughing. "He's only joking. Aren't you Ken?"

"I just wonder how it tastes like," he answered innocently.

"No, you're not allowed to touch him," I told the little ghost. "He's mine! His kagune is mine too!"

"Ooh, very possessive," Haise showed up next to me, then whispered in my ear, "What do you want to do with my kagune, you pervert."

My face reddened.