Part 24: Sign me up

We arrived at a huge villa on a hill. I felt very awkward that everytime someone saw us, they'd lower their head slightly and called Sei "young master".

When we entered the main gate, a man I suspected to be the head butler approached Sei and said that a couple of other guests were present; they're here to see Sei's father.

"But Akashi-sama has just inform myself that he will not be here today," the man added. "He suggested that Young Master could handle it."

"Very well," replied Sei. "I know what it's about."

The head butler took us to a room where the guests were waiting.

The first person I saw was a black haired boy (man?) who looked a bit... gothic, but he's too cute to be identified as an emo guy.

I looked for the second guest in the room, and my jaw almost fell to the floor.

Those formal outfit and those dark grey eyes, the black roots on white hair... It was definitely the Japanese literature teacher in my school! But... There's something different about him.

His hairstyle. Oh my goodness yes sign me up sign me up sign me the duck up.

He looked so sexy and serious rocking a formal hairstyle. It's less fluffy and more tidy; he even tucked some hair behind his right ear.

Haise looked just as surprised to see me there.

But before we could talk to each other, Akashi Sei had started greeting his guests.

"Sasaki-san, Suzuya-san, it's a pleasure to have you both here. We will briefly discuss about the situation again."

"Ah, yes," Haise broke his eye contact with me and looked at Sei instead.

I just saw him last night but oh how I missed his voice. The school trip had made me get used to spending time with him non-stop.

"We just need to kill the big bad dino, right?" the cute gothic kid said innocently.

"Yes, but do not harm the others," Sei warned.

"What dino?" I whispered, looking at Haise even though he's sitting across the table from me.

Before he could answer, Sei -who sat next to me-- turned to me and said, "I'll tell you later."

The young master then stood up, permit himself from his guests, and extended his hand to me, so as to help me get up from my seat. But I didn't notice at first. I was a bit puzzled by this gentlemanly behavior, so I reached into my pocket for a candy and put it on Akashi Sei's open palm.

I could hear Haise almost burst out laughing. I glanced at him and saw him struggling to hide his laughter. Meanwhile Suzuya-san stared longingly at the candy.

I realized I did something wrong. I slowly turned my head to see Sei's reaction.

I'm done for. Akashi Sei doesn't like being looked down at. Now I'm sort of humiliating him in front of his guests and butlers and maids. I'm more afraid now than when I was attacked by ghouls or titan.

But I suppose Haise is here. He'll at least protect me. Right?

I gathered up courage to look straight at Sei's face. I was astonished to see his facial expression. Rather than anger, he seemed lost. He took the candy and put it in his pocket, while fashioning a gentle smile. One that reminded me much of the old Sei-chan.

"Let's go," Sei took my hand directly, since I was being an idiot about it.

Being dragged to leave the room, I quickly looked back when I had the chance and said to Haise with a mischievous tone, "Did you straighten your hair?"

I had left the room before he could argue with me, but I caught a glimpse of Haise's reddish cheek right after my teasing. It made me so happy.

"What is this dino thing you talked about?" I asked Sei when he guided me to the garden.

"One of the biggest dinosaur in our park went berserk and killing the others for fun," Sei answered nonchalantly.

"Huh?" I didn't think he was kidding. "Like, real dinosaurs?"

"They're just prototypes but yes, real dinosaurs. They're supposed to be one of the entertainments for this resort."

Whoaaaa are you saying that this Akashi family resort is like a Jurrasic Park? This is beyond ridiculous.

"Don't worry, they're not out of the containment," Sei added. "That's why we hire those two to take care of it."

Haise and Suzuya-san? I suppose Suzuya-san is Juuzou, the one who called Haise last night and asked for his help? So this is what they're up to... Fighting dinosaurs. I can't even...