Part 47: Vulgar confession

The reason Kirei stopped bothering us was her newfound love for Gin-sensei.

I'm still laughing. I need to tell Haise about this!

I blushed at the thought of Haise... Last night, I had finally seen his... everything. I was still coping not to think about it, otherwise I'd just short-circuit from all the heat.

I sat down and decided to stay in the infirmary, finding something to busy myself. I checked the inventory for the first aid kits and medicines, writing down the ones requiring new supplies.

A loud bang coming from the school corridor startled me. I could hear students screaming in panic!

I hurried to the door to check what's happening, but just as I was about to pull the door open, someone from behind me pushed it back shut.

"I'm not letting you go out there," Shin wore the most determined face I had ever seen him in.

"Shin, I need to check if the students are okay!" I still tried to open the door but Shin was too powerful for me to fight.

"Stop and listen," his eyes were glowing unfalteringly. "I can't let you go out there, you'll hurt yourself."

I knew I had to listen to him; he must have envisioned something terrible that would happen if I walked out of this room.

"What is happening?" I asked shakily.

"I've told you before that I had problems in predicting your near future, but I just saw a glimpse of it... There are some criminals attacking the school. They have weapons."

I gasped.

"Do you know what they want?"

"I can't predict that far..."

"Shin, I'm a school staff, I can't just hide here when the students are in danger!"

"If you go out, you'll just become a victim. There's nothing you can do. Now I can take you and escape through the window-"

A shriek came from outside the infirmary, "SASAKI-SENSEI!!"

Oh no! Haise!

I ignored Shin and forced the door open. He quickly moved in front of me to shield my body from whatever could be coming towards us.

What occurred in the hallway was still visible to me. Although, I was a bit late into the action.

Three big men in masks were just being disarmed of their machetes and blades. Now Haise was punching one of them up the chin, while kicking another in the guts, and elbowing the last one on the chest. All three were knocked out instantly.

However, it's not over yet. Four other masked men appeared behind Haise. Before I could shout any warning, they were attacked from the back with what seemed to be the school's big wooden ruler. They too, fell to the ground, revealing their attacker.

It's Gin-sensei. He smirked in satisfaction.

"Is everybody alright?" Haise turned to check on the students.

"Kyaaaaa~~~!!!"

"Woaaaaaaahh!!!"

The students screamed again, but this time not out of fear. They were completely amazed by the strong teachers duet.

After ensuring that nobody was hurt, Gin confiscated all the weapons lying on the floor. While Haise came running to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, examining me. He briefly thanked Shin for keeping me safe and then turned back to me.