Part 55: Plan

Haise insisted that Gin and I should stay at his apartment for the night. Even if I said I would be okay and there's Shin to protect me if something was to happen.

"He's not your boyfriend," Haise said over his shoulders. He continued walking Gin to his bedroom.

Yall know I don't mind me some overprotective and jealous Haise.

Besides, when this half ghoul was serious, there's no one who could win against his decision. Gin had just tried to defend his spot in the couch and refused to use Haise's room.

"Nope, I'm not sleeping in your room unless you share the bed with me," the sweet-toothed guy argued.

"Oh My Gintoki, how horny are you?" I tried to loosen up the tension between these two hardheaded guys.

"Do you really want to know?" Gin responded.

"I'm not letting my injured guest sleeping on the couch and that is final." Haise looked determined. "You'll be sleeping –alone- in my room even if I have to restrain you with my..."

Gin and I eyed each other and whispered inside our palms, "He wanted to say his tentacles."

"He totally did."

"Sometimes I wonder why I still let you two be alive." Haise rubbed his temples.

"O-oh he's gonna eat us," Gin pretended to be scared.

"I don't mind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" I said.

---

Haise's sofa was one of those things which you could fold up as a couch or extend as a little bed. It's a perfect place to snuggle.

"It feels like it's been forever since we had time for ourselves," Haise rested his head on my chest and circled his arms around my hip.

"Do you want to be pampered," I spoke softly as I buried my face in his hair. It smelled of... Haise. A familiar and calming scent.

I had thought it was his shampoo that made his hair smell so good; it's a mixture of flowery and wood-like fragrance. I tried to sniff at the shampoo bottle once, and coughed – it tasted of a typical men perfume and it's completely different from what Haise emitted. I could only conclude that it was him who turned ordinary things wondrous.

It didn't take long for Haise to fall asleep in my arms.  He must have been exhausted; his breathing always sounded heavier in his sleep when he's tired. I continued stroking his hair very gently until I, too, fell into slumber.

I woke up to find a pair of dark grey eyes right in front of mine. Haise's breath was tickling my face. When I tried to move, I realized that I was locked in his embrace.

"I disturbed your sleep," he said, not intending to pretend that he's sorry. I felt his hand sliding through my back, and lower.

I smiled and kissed him.

Regardless of the many times we kissed, the sweetness still remained. Haise used to taste like a certain kind of blackcurrant syrup, with a pretty high level of iron. I told him once about this, he got embarrassed and afterwards, he started to taste more like coffee. Exceptions for the times when he didn't plan a heavy kiss.

He led my hand to his lower body, while his own began to explore mine. He let out a soft moan when I reached the place between his thighs.

We had done everything except "that". We agreed to explore ourselves slowly, taking our time to enjoy each growing advance. This also made things more interesting, one might say that it added to the element of surprise.