Part 39: Shin

Next morning at school, I was visited by someone I thought was imaginary.

The black-haired guy came in through the window and began observing me anxiously.

"You're still alive! Thank God - I was so worried! Are you okay? Is everything going well? Nobody hurt you?" He seemed so concerned.

"Uh what's going on?" I tried to digest the situation.

"Y-you told me not to follow you anymore, so I didn't," his face resembled an abandoned puppy, "I was so worried the whole time. What if something happened??"

"I'm safe, no one wants to target me, I'm a nobody. Calm down, er-Ryuzaki," I thought his name was something like that.

"That's not my name," now his face was like the :O emoticon.

Oh what is it again. "L-Lawliett?"

"IT IS SHIN. DON'T LOOK AT MY HAIR AND TRY TO FIND INSPIRATION," he's frustrated. His hair did look like L's, only shorter and tidier.

"Sorry..." I chuckled. "How did you disappear so quickly yesterday? And thanks for not stalking me anymore."

"I told you I was kinda awesome, it's easy to move around sneakily," he looked smug. "Anyway, I need to be weaned off stalking you. You can't just suddenly abandon me, my stomach was hurting the whole evening because I was worried about you."

"Er... That is so kind of you, but... I don't know you... And I have a boyfriend. If he knew you're stalking me, you'd be done for. So, if you stop now, things won't get ugly." I felt a bit proud saying this; hell yeah my boyfriend is awesome.

"I can't even visit you once in a while?" Shin sounded disappointed. "Not that I'm afraid of your boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I can take him on."

I looked at him, noticing the gleam in his eyes. "Shinji-kun, what are you?"

"It's just Shin! My God, woman, how hard is it to remember a simple name??"

"Are you human?"

He was silent for a second and then replied seriously, "No, I'm an action figure. What do you think I look like?"

"Be honest, Shinichi-kun! You're too suspicious to be a normal human being."

"I hate you, I hate you so much! I told you my name is just Shin! Why are you so mean. I never did anything bad to you-"

Someone entered the room while Shin was busy complaining, so he didn't have time to run away.

Haise came in. "Is something the matter?" he tried to read what's going on.

"Haise! You can see him, right? This is not just my imagination," I grabbed Shin's hand so he couldn't dart off.

I knew Haise was going to come see me this morning; so when Shin visited, I tried to keep him occupied until my boyfriend was here.

Keh, I'm so smart.

"Hi," Haise greeted Shin, who looked rather abashed when the ghoul observed him. "I'm Sasaki Haise, nice to meet you. And you are?"

"Shin."

"Is there anything we can help you with, Shin-san?" Haise asked politely, but his tone was quite heavy.

"He said he could take you on," I liked to see intimidating Haise so I tried to heat it up. Teehee.

Shin looked at me as though shouting "you tattle-tale" internally. Haise still didn't look aggravated - damm this guy is so coolheaded-

"He also said you're not that great, since he's on equal -if not higher- level as you. I don't think he's a normal human being," I added. I'm so evil, I know.