Part 42: Piggyback

We almost forgot about Shin. I hurried to open the window, but he's not there anymore.

"Look at this," Haise found a little piece of paper stuck between the window hinges.

The writing on it said:

Sorry, need to go. See you tonight.

"His handwriting is surprisingly cute," I observed the round-shaped letters. They're like tiny hamsters in different positions.

"I suppose this means he's coming to my place tonight?" Haise wondered.

"I won't allow this!" I panicked. "Two healthy young men alone in the house... What if things happen and it gets-steamy?"

"What are you talking about?"

"If something happens between you and Shin," I closed my eyes, "I need to be there to witness it."

"What?"

"Don't you see his yaoi hands??" Shin did have big and beautiful pair of hands.

"You're losing me here."

"Shin is so gay for you."

"......... I still don't understand."

"It's because you can't control your pheromones."

"I don't go around spraying hormones around myself."

You do. You're leaking sexiness everywhere. You're just too humble to realize it.

"You're a cinnamon roll too pure for this world..." I said softly.

"Then... Are you a sinnamon roll?" Haise chuckled at his own joke.

"Oh I see, just because I sin every day. You don't have to rub it in, Mr. I-feel-up-my-girlfriend-at-her-workplace!" I couldn't really deny his statement.

"Oh," Haise's face blushed a little. "I forgot... You're still..." His grey eyes glanced at my skirt for a split second, then he quickly moved his head and looked elsewhere.

[Reader-san, you've been going commando for three chapters now. I am not sorry lol!]

"It's... okay," I got embarrassed too now because of Haise's reaction. "Nobody knows yet."

"Nobody's supposed to know!" Haise panicked. "Don't say it like you're going to tell anyone. By the way, I'll let you wear my coat when we walk to my place."

"Eh? I'm going to your house?"

"It's closer from here. I'll drive you home afterwards."

I know what's happening. Haise doesn't want me to wander around on my own without underwear. Hihi. This is cute. He never minds me wearing anything I like, but I guess this is where he draws the line.

"Can I stay at yours until Shin comes?" I asked as we walked home. I was wearing his long coat, so I was covered down to my knees.

"Hmm... What's in it for me?" He teased.

"You own me for the time I'm there," I flirted back.

"I already own you anyway," Haise acted high and mighty. "But I suppose I'll let you stay, I'm a merciful god."

His smug face was too adorable that I had the urge to squeeze him. So I did. I ran to him, wrapped my arms tight around his upper body and shouted into his arm, "Aaaaa you're too cute...!"

"Akh... I can't- breathe," Haise waved his free arm to wiggle his way out of my death grip. I loosened it to stop him from suffering.

"What's with the surprise attack?" He punished me by pinching my cheek.

"I've no idea, it's like I blacked out for a moment and my body took over," I grinned. "But yes, I didn't know that it's so easy to take out a world-class ghoul investigator."

"I'm just an ordinary teacher," Haise now mushed my cheeks together. "But I can still fight you with my eyes closed."

"Oh reaaaally?" I escaped his grasp, then dashed to jump on his back. With my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, I clunged to Haise.

The male called out my name in shock. He's strong enough to withstand my weight, and his reflexes were so good that he immediately supported my legs with his arms when I landed on him. So I didn't see why he's so anxious.

"Uh... You- your..." He was looking for the right words. I couldn't see his face properly from my position, so I pushed my body against his back and moved my head closer to take a peek at his expression.

Haise seemed even more fidgety when I did this. "You're pressed against my back," he finally muttered. "Both your upper and... lower body."

And then I realized that my certain unclothed area was too close to Haise's back. They're probably only separated by his thin shirt.

I was feeling so secure, thinking that even if I wore a skirt, people wouldn't be able to see my butt from behind since I wore Haise's long coat. I forgot about what's in front of me.

Thrust into his back and see how it feels like~

No! This kind of inner monologue is evil and dirty!

But is this the location where his kagune comes out from... (*__*) what am I thinking!

"Er..." Haise spoke because I was too busy arguing with myself, "Do you want to come down now or are you comfortable there..."

"I... might have wet your shirt."

"Huhh??"

"I'm only joking!" I love teasing this dork.

We walked home in silence, with blushed faces and indulged in our own thoughts...