Part 16: Another encounter

Day 3 of school trip: Free time. Today everyone could go whenever they liked, since it's the last full-day of the trip.

As for me and my aging body, we took this opportunity to sleep longer. I woke up two hours later than usual, thinking that today I should at least look around the village and maybe buy some cute local products.

Still not fully awake, I walked towards the window to open the curtain. Having lived in a small apartment, I'd always wanted to do that "open the curtain to let sun the in" thing, and then shouted "rise and shine, sleepyhead!"

I slid the curtain a little and stopped. The view outside was breathtaking:

A handsome man. In yukata. Sitting beside the fish pond. Wearing glasses. Reading a book. Illuminated by the glowing sun. Surrounded by greens. His hair tickled by the gentle wind.

I stared at this sight for a while; my mouth might have been hanging open.

Why is Sasaki Haise so pretty?

He moved his head a little, taking off his glasses and-

Oh crap, did he just look this way?

I shut the curtain quickly by reflex.

Did he see me? Argh I'm so stupid, I should've just kept cool and smiled at him or something; it'd look natural. The way I nervously hid after he spot me --> that's unnatural!

But... Maybe I'm overthinking it. He might not notice me. If I look again now, he's probably still reading there.

I opened the curtain again to peek.

"Morning!" Haise's face was literally in front of mine, just separated by the window glass.

I screamed.

The curtain was closed again but I could hear Haise apologizing outside.

I briefly checked if I looked presentable (even only wearing my sleeping robe), then opened the door to stop the guy I was peeping from feeling guilty.

"Are you okay?" he asked caringly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Sorry I was acting creepy..."

"You were?"

Oh? He doesn't realize I was staring lustfully? Ohohoh?

"Er... Anyway, what you up to today?" I changed the subject.

"I wonder if you want to come with me," Haise asked, "to return the baby rabbit to its home?"

"I'm coming! With you. I mean, we come together- I mean, go," I facepalmed my blushed face, "Sorry, I just woke up. Please give my brain some time to function properly."

Haise laughed, "Take your time."

"I'll get ready quickly and we can go?"

"I'll get dressed too," Haise tilted his head a little and smiled.

School trip is the best!

---

It didn't take long to complete the mission. As a bonus, there were other rabbits where we picked up the bunny two nights ago. So it seemed like we reunited the bunny family.

"Do you have other plans for today?" Haise asked me on our way back.

"Not really... I don't want to stay at the hotel though."

"The teachers invited me to visit the village, but I refused cause... they planned to visit restaurants and such..." Haise rubbed the back of his head.

"Probably not a good idea to go there then," I made a nervous laugh.

Erm... Does this mean that he wants to spend the day with me? *doki-doki*

We walked past a bus stop and an advert poster caught my attention: Free Bus Ride to Amusement Park!

"There's an amusement park near here?" I shrieked excitedly.

"Do you want to go there?" Haise sounded interested too.

"YES!"

---

The first thing I noticed when we arrived at the amusement park was not something -or someone- pleasant.

Right after we entered the gate, I saw him. The person who broke my heart. Akashi Sei.

He's a good looking man, with reddish hair and sharp golden eyes. As a junior in my university, he's slightly younger than me. Long story short, we got close and I thought it might lead to something, but it didn't. He suddenly cut contact with me and moved away. I was such a mess because of it.

Haise and I were walking towards Sei. At this rate, we're going to make eye contact. I instinctively looked down and moved closer to Haise. Rather than anger or hatred, I felt fear.

Haise noticed my change of attitude, "Is something wrong?"

We're about ten steps away from Sei, so I didn't have time to explain. I whispered to Haise, "my ex - kinda."

When our gazes met, Sei stared at me with dilated eyes and his signature smile. He said my name and "I've missed you."

I could feel Haise's arm suddenly wrapped around my waist, pulling my weight to his side...