Part 62: An open ending?

EPILOGUE

The phone alarm has rung for the second snooze, but I'm still too dozy to get up. Funnily, this time Haise is also on the lazy side.

I turn off the alarm and cuddle my husband from his back. Do you know that being the bigger spoon feels quite nice? Even Haise loves it, he said it made him feel loved.

But this time, he turns to face me and embrace me in his arms. "I feel like staying in bed naked all day," he says, still not opening his eyes; but his hand is wandering on my curves.

"We've come all the way to Italy for honeymoon and you choose to stay in bed all day?" I giggled into his bare chest.

"What do you want to see out there anyway," he kisses the top of my head.

"Everything? We planned to ride the gondola today," I tried to get up. "And a lot more pretty things to see."

"The only pretty thing I want to see is right here in my arms," he opens his eyes finally.

"Do you want some wine to accompany that cheese," I drag him, but I'm actually feeling very flattered and amused by his cheesy line.

He's chuckling. "Alright, let's wake up for real and get ready."

But he's not moving.

"Why are you so tired anyway," I poke his cheek. "I thought I did more work than you the whole night."

"I also love it when you're riding me," he grins.

I get up with all my power to escape from his teasing.

He catches me in the shower cubicle not long after, bringing excuses such as "It'll be quicker to shower together" and "just because I can".

Of course, it won't be quicker to shower together with your lover. The right word would be quickie.

We end up being two hours late from our rough plan for the day, but who cares. The whole point of honeymoon -or anything ever- is to be happy, make each other happy, and keep each other happy.

I'm proud to say that we both are succeeding in this, especially myself. In fact, ever since I met Haise, nothing has really gone wrong in my life. I was met with fun adventures, fascinating characters, and a whole lot of crossovers. Unlike any other romance flicks, I can't recall any tears shed, let alone tragedy.

If our lives together were a fictional story, it would certainly be a romantic comedy.

*****