Part 14: Confession?

[A/N: Wouldn't it be terrible if the one Haise liked was Touka and then you ended up with this brat Sougo lol. Okay back to the story...]

---

Day 2 of the school trip, first stop: the Aquariums.

There were hundreds of water creatures to observe. Students were taking pictures: of the animals, plants, themselves, including the information signs (so they could use it when writing the trip report).

"Why are you stalking me," Sougo seemed irritated because I kept following him.

"I don't need to stay at one spot this time; the trip leader said they'd call me if there's any emergency."

"So... why are you stalking me?"

"Don't be mean, I don't have any friends... It'd be sad to wander around on my own. Here, I'll take the pictures for you."

Some of Sougo's friends heard me and began to tease him, "How nice Sougo, you have a personal assistant", "I'm jealous!" etc. Sougo ignored them.

"Why do you look less excited today, did something happen?" he asked me.

"Uh? Do I?"

"What do you want from me, just ask. I don't like this heavy atmosphere," Sougo sighed.

I pulled him to a quiet spot so nobody would hear us, "I... um..."

"Hm?" he was listening intently.

"I... maybe have someone I like, probably..."

"Are you confessing to me? Ew," Sougo acted as though he's grossed out.

"No..."

I knew Sougo and I always acted like we're disgusted of each other and never really meant it, but his action this time made me feel like I was so... not likeable. It made me sad, not because I loved Sougo romantically, but... It felt as though when I would actually confess to someone, they would be creeped out by my feeling.

Or maybe because I was just a bit down and disheartened, but it brought darkness upon my face.

Sougo noticed and apologized, "It was a joke, sorry, I went too far... Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry, I was overreacting," I tried to smile as wide as possible, "So sensitive today, ha ha, you can slap me to wake me up!"

Sougo looked into my eyes, "Stop lying, what happened?"

"I feel silly now cause you're acting so mature and I'm the childish one here," I was embarrassed.

He didn't say a word, waiting for me to talk about my problem.

"There's this guy I think I like... and I heard he liked someone who's close to you..."

Sougo let out a big sigh, "I'll just make this easy so we won't run around in circles," he looked me in the eyes, "The only girl I let invade my personal space is you."

I stood there speechless, still digesting the words he said.

"I won't like to see you date him, but I'd hate it more when you're down like this," Sougo put his palm on my head, and messed my hair a little, before he walked away.

Not even a minute passed after that, he came back. "Are you coming or not? I thought you didn't want to walk alone?"

"Y-yes!" I followed him.

"Just so you know, I take back what I said," Sougo sneered at me, "You're way too young to date anyone, especially someone you just met like few days ago."

"Yes, master," I finally laughed.

We walked past many water tanks and studied various types of sea creatures. But I had other things on my mind.

Is it possible that Haise likes me too?

We've only just met less than two weeks ago. I really adore him, but even I am not too sure about my own feelings yet. Will it be just a flash-in-a-pan type crush? You know, like you watch an anime and you kinda like a character, then after the show's finished, you slowly forget about that character and move on with your life (a.k.a. other anime)...

Or will this be that one character who makes you fall head over heels, that suddenly their face is your profile pictures, and you end up making fan arts and writing fanfics about them?

What if Haise does like me, but he's unsure either?

Then there's only one answer:

Time.

Right now it might be too early to think too much. I won't ever deny the attraction I have towards him, but I will not rush either. Before I confess to him, I want to learn more about him. I want to know who Sasaki Haise really is.

---

As we arrived at the giant tank habitated by a moon fish, I saw a familiar silhouette standing on the other side of the aquarium glass.

A bunny's head was peeking out of his shirt pocket, Haise waved at me and greeted me with a handsome smile.