Part 18: Uke?

Back from the amusement park, I had a quick shower and prepared myself for the next event. Since it's the last night of the school trip, all of us were gathered to have dinner together.

However, there's a dress code for this: nightware. Not like lingerie, but more like pajamas. This was intended to create friendly atmosphere so the trip would leave a good impression. Or something.

I decided to wear the hotel's sleeping robe (which resembled a simple yukata). I took too much time trying to do my hair, so I was a bit late. I hurried to the assigned room, and when I got there, people were already sitting in traditional Japanese dining tables.

I looked around to find familiar faces... Actually I was looking for my 'ghoul-friend'. It's kinda hard to find someone in the middle of all those colourful pajamas. But well, I only needed to spot some white and black hair...

I found a silver one instead. It's Gin-sensei. He's wearing striped pajamas, complete with the sleeping hat.

"You looking for your husband again?" he asked me.

"Kyaaa," I put my hands on my blushed cheek. Husband...

"You... Aren't you a bit too protective of him?" Gin sounded more serious now. "He's an adult, you know, he can take care of himself."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you don't have to worry everytime it's meal time," Gin answered. "He'll find a way to avoid it. It's not like he just joined us yesterday."

"Um..." I contemplated his words.

"Just relax and enjoy yourself," Gin-sensei gave me a soft smile (surprisingly), then walked away like a cool guy.

But I couldn't really apply his kind advice, could I? Especially after seeing how troubled Haise looked when he forced himself to eat. I imagined being in similar situation: where I had to swallow raw intestine, for example. And if I failed to do it, I would get caught and imprisoned or maybe murdered.

And my poor baby Haise had to put up with it all this time, while keeping a happy face? This world is wrong...

"But I will protect you," I whispered.

"Hm? Protect who?"

I looked up and saw the face of the person I had been thinking about.

"You..."

Haise was wearing the hotel yukata too. So handsome... I got lost in the sight for a moment.

"Me?" he looked puzzled.

"You... Nishinoya Yuu."

"Noya-san from the volleyball club?"

"What are we talking about again?"

"... are you high?"

I shook my head to focus and find better excuse, "Sorry, I was daydreaming."

"Daydreaming about Noya-san?" Haise lowered his eyebrows in disagreement. "Student-teacher relationships are forbidden, you know."

"Eee, are you jealous?" I wanted to check if he's going to be shy again, but it backfired.

When Haise answered, "n-no way..." and looked away, I was the one left with bright red cheeks.

Uke Haise does have a lot of potential!

"There he is. Oi, Sasaki-sensei! Let's eat together!" Some teachers spotted Haise and began to drag him away with them.

"W-wait..." I tried to stop them, thinking of a good reason to snatch Haise back.

"Ah, infirmary sensei, you can join us too!" They're unexpectedly so nice to me! I felt bad that I was about to let them down.

"Sorry, but..." Haise finally spoke, "The two of us are going. We have another plan."

"We do?" I asked foolishly.

The group of teachers went wild upon hearing this:

"Ooooh, a late night date?"

"Didn't realize you two are dating!"

"Have you been doing it in the infirmary? OMG"

"Nurse play? Sasaki-sensei you dog!"

"Infirmary sensei, is he big? I bet he's big. Even though his body is kinda slim, but he's big, isn't he?"

Forget about denying their accusations. I could only cover my flaming red face with my hands upon hearing these comments.

I bet he's big too... Omg doing it in the infirmary bed, is too ecchi!

'Haise, please say something to correct them,' I thought as I turned to look at him.

Only to find that the half-ghoul's face was as blushed as mine.

Uke Haise is so adorable kyaaaa... My face is even redder now!

"Stop teasing them already," Gin-sensei came to our rescue. "I think it's like this. They're both virgins. That's why they're extremely shy."

OMYGOD PERMHEAD YOU'RE NOT HELPING AT ALL.

"Come on, let's leave them to do their business," Gin directed the others away from us. "Maybe they'll learn a thing or two tonight, kuhuu," he giggled mischievously.

Haise and I were left to our own, but too embarrassed to look directly at each other.

I wanted to break the awkward silence, but I KNEW for certain that if I opened my mouth, the exact words that'd come out would be "are you really a virgin".

"It... seems like Gin-san saved us again this time," Haise finally talked, still not looking at my direction.

"U-um."

Do not ask about the virgin thing. Do not ask...

I was sealing my mouth with my hand at this point.

"Er..." Haise called my name, "Why are you covering your mouth with your hand?" He noticed.

"Because..." I let go of my hand to reply, "I'm a virgin."

"What?"

............. Mother... Let me go to that school again... where you learn to act like a normal human being... ha ha ha what even is self control... *cries*