Chapter - 40

I woke up alone, meleah wasn't beside me like I hope and daemon never came back. I sigh sitting up in my bed, what a night, i couldn't believe the nerve of viserys. No, wait that's a lie, i could believe it, I just didn't want too.

I got out of bed and went over to the chest and pulled out my dragonrider attire, I quickly pulled my nightgown from over my head and dropping it in the chest. I pulled my white tunic over my head before slipping on my leather vest, I move to pull up the dark trousers before getting my socks on and wiggling my feet in my dark boots. I went over to the mirror and tied my hair up so it wouldn't get my face when I'm flying, a bit of loose strands of hair was out making me put them behind my ear and leave.

I went down the hall to meleah's chamber to check in on her to found her gone, I frown and looking around before leaving, she's probably going for a walk, i walk down the hall not knowing where to go. Should i go see daemon? No, I don't think I'm ready to see him yet, I know if he sees me he would know something is wrong and I am not yet sure if I want to tell him that his brother kiss me last night.

As I roam around the halls of the Red Keep, my mind went to the dream I had not to long ago, it was odd, it was another nightmare involving viserys but rather than what I expected from last night. It was different, he didn't kiss me like I was fearing but rather left quickly and than daemon came and he smiled at me, before I could explain why his brother left my room he kissed me and I sudden wave of tranquility wash over me. We pulled away he smiled at me before he could say something I woke up, a dream that started off as an nightmare needed in a way I never had before I was new. Daemon really was my glimmer of light.

I smiled to myself, I cast my eyes around at the corridors and realize I traveled to far into Maegor's Holdfast, I turn around and went back where I came from as I turn a corner someone bump into my shoulder causing me to glare at them.

"O-oh, lady rhaelle, I apologize. I didn't see you–" The servant babble with panic as I look at them, they were holding fresh sheets and blankets, I look back up and recognize the servant as one of alicent.

"Your Talya, correct. Alienct's maid?" The young girl nodded as she bow her head to keep from looking me in her eye, "Are you going to her chamber?" I ask making the woman nod again.

"I will join you than," I smile as she look at me, she nods and I follow her after her to alicent's chamber.

Talya walk in first, before I peek my head inside to see alicent holding a crying babe. She looked stress as she bounce the baby in her arms, a bit too much agitated, I knock on the wood catching her attention. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't even know why I came here, I still didn't know where i stand with alicent. Last time I saw her, she found out her brother wasn't really her brother and I was cheating on her father with daemon, a lot to take in especially on the day she found she herself was going to be the new queen of the seven kingdoms.

I look at her nervously with a smile, I step inside and stood by the door waiting for her to do something, say something.

Alicent blink at me in shock before she look at Talya and handed the babe over to her, before she made he way to me, she caught me off guard when she wrap her arms around me and laid her head on my shoulder. It took me a second to wrap my arms around her shoulder and hold her back, even through alicent was not my child, she always felt like a daughter to me and the age difference between us was just six years, she also felt like my friend.

"It been so long, rhaelle." Alicent says as we pull away from each other, I held her at arms length and look at with a smile.

"Yes, it has," Alicent and I turn to see the babe in the bassinet was crying again, making alicent let out a annoy groan.