Chapter - 33

"Fucking bastards. How dare them." I hiss slamming the door to my old chamber open as I walk in, I start to pace the room.

"The nerve of them to blame me for this, as if I was the one who animate the rebellion. I..." I point at myself as I face meleah who was watching on the bed, " did nothing but try to restore my name and give a home to my children, and yet this is my fault." I let out a bitter chuckle, foolish old man, those bastards, those...argh.

I grabbed the pitcher from the table and threw it against the wall above the fireplace before it fell to the floor, I grind my teeth as I stare at the empty space that use to have a painting there long ago before I threw it away.

"...my queen, what is going on," I snap my head around to look at meleah as she stare at me worried, "What are you talking about? What happened in the chamber–"

"Those bastards is incompetent that is what, they are blaming me for the rebellion that iron islands are starting because I am queen."

"What do you being queen have to do with the rebellion," I rub my temple as I stand still.

"Apparently, now the last old king of westeros is gone, lords are wondering if I will bend the knee to viserys. Which I will never do not even if he held a sword to my neck," I spit angrily, "So, now a rebellion is starting in the iron islands saying they want to be kings again, and the one whose trying to act like a king and viserys thinks the other houses will follow." I sigh putting my face in my hands, this all so tiring and stupid, I can easily stomp out this little rebellion easily with my dragon but no that will only make it worse they said.

"What do they want you to do? Do they want you to bend the knee?" Meleah ask, I drag my hands down my face and look at her.

"They gave me options." Meleah raise a brow.

"Options?" I nodded before looking down, this wasnt fair, I don't understand what I did to deserve to be put in this hell.

"They said I can either give up my crown to Aeron or bend the knee to house targaryen and become lady of the serpent islands."

"But if you don't." I look up at her with a small frown.

"Than, they will go back on our deal and isolate us from westeros, which mean we will have to go back to exporting our goods through Dorne and Esso." The idea of that might sound good but it isn't, many of the things we grow and make is from essos.

To westeros our goods are the finest things they ever eaten and worn, while in essos they are nothing more than sand to them. It will put us in ruins and dorne won't be enough for us from going penniless, it's hard to say but we need the seven kingdoms to strive.

"What are you going to do." I sigh walk over to the bed and flopping down next to meleah, my back hit the bed as I look up at the familiar patterns I grown to count and look when I was bored.

"I never wanted to be queen," I said looking to meleah as she stayed sit up watching me, "All I wanted was for my daughter not to end up like me, broken and hollow, nothing to her name but the men that surrounded her." I shook my head as I could feel the burning sensation behind my eyes, I covered my eyes with the palm of my hand to keep the tears from falling.

"I would have been happy as a lord's wife, no matter how they treated me, if they ask for heirs I would have given them all  until it killed me, if it meant my daughter didn't have to do it." I sniff rubbing my nose with the sleeve off my tunic, "I never ask for this...I didn't ask to be queen, or to rule a kingdom or be the reason a rebellion is started. I just wanted to my life in peace away from viserys."

A soft knock came from the door making me and meleah look at it, meleah at me as I look back at her before she turn her head and got up. I use my elbows to lift me up to see who was at the door, when i saw it was a servant I drop down and went back to looking at the patterns of the sheet that cover my old bed, the door was shut a second later before the bed dip. I look at meleah to find her looking at me as she hold up a message.