Chapter - 016

Daemon was leaning against a pillar that held familiar design from the ones back in the throne room in king's landing, he was on his fifth cup of mead which was making his head feel airy a bit. But, he wasn't too drunk to still watch over rhaelle as she walk around and greet some more people, after some exchange words between her and lord gerold, the older man looked slightly at eased but he still had a bit of tension in his face and shoulders. He left not too long ago after daemon descended into his corner away from everyone and their prying eyes, rhaelle would look over at him with a frown and worried eyes now and then.

But, daemon would raise his cup towards her with a grin to reassure her, even though she gives a slight nod and smile, he can still her see the worry in her eyes making him feel a bit giddy that she still cares about him. The night continues on and when daemon is done sulking by himself, he makes his way back into the crowd to found rhaelle near the platform alone, gwayne was still lingering near talking to some lords to daemon annoyance but he ignored him and stood by rhaelle's side making her look at him with a small smile.

"You alright?" She asked making him look down at her before shrugging.

"Yeah, not my first time being falsely accused for something I didn't do." She nods before looking back out at the crowd, he was quiet between as they watch everyone get drunk and laugh.

Daemon side-eyed rhaelle before he cleared his voiced, "I didn't know." He said making rhaelle look at him with furrow brows.

"Huh?"

"I didn't know rhae passed, I just found out today when I talked to lord hobert. I didn't know." He heard a soft 'oh' come from her before they went silent again, daemon glance at her as he tap the tip of his boot on the stone floor anxious.

"You know I didn't do it, right?" He asked making rhaelle at him again for a moment before nodding her head.

"I know." He stare in her pale lilic eyes and he didn't see what he expected.

"You know." She nod before looking away, he stare at her with squinted eyes looking away himself a bit confused. The triplets and gwayne soon made their way back to the two making rhaelle smile.

"You three enjoying the celebration." She asked making valaena and aeron nod, but corwyn shrug as he sip his mead.

Rhaelle let out a deep exhale at her son nonchalant response, before she could try to talk to him, the lord and lady hightower walked up to them.

"Lord Hobert and Lady Lynesse, I am so happy you could make it." Rhaelle smiled.

"I would be a fool to miss this celebration," Hobert laugh looking over at his nephews and niece, valaena gave a curt smile as well as aeron.

"Did father not come with?" Corwyn asked as he looking behind hobert, the lord of oldtown gave apologetic look before shaking his head.

"He wanted too but he was pulled away on important business, I'm afriad." Hobert says looking at the young boy, rhaelle grind her teeth together as she glance down at her hands together.

She was not surpised. When Corwyn found out about this celebration, he acknowledged her existence for five minutes only to ask her to invite his father. So, eager to make her son happy, she agreed and he went back to ignoring her. It's the little things, ahe tells herself. Otto wrote back saying he would intend, which was the happiest you seen Corwyn. But, of course, otto's duties are more important than his own childern.

"You know how being the hand can be, little brother. Maybe, he can make it to the next one." Gwayne says, Corwyn rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah, when I am cold in my grave." He spat before walking away but not before taking another cup off a tray, rhaelle watch helplessness as her child stalks away.