Chapter - 50

Rhaelle flew to King's Landing with her daughter, Alys, in the front of her and her son, Aemon, on his dragon, Rhaegos. When they landed at the Dragonpit and took a carriage to the Red Keep, Aemon saw his cousins playing making him ask his mother he could go play, rhaelle look over at Aegon and Aemond sword fighting while her Lucerys and Jacerys practice shooting a bow. Her eyes cast over to ser Criston Cole to find him already looking at them, rhaelle's face soured before she gave a soft smile to her son.

"Of course, just be careful, alright." The young boy nodded excited before running over to Aegon and Aemond, rhaelle glance over at her nephews to see them abandoning their bow and arrows to go over to greet their cousin.

She smile at how Aemon greeted his cousins with side hugs before they all start playing with wooden swords, rhaelle loved how her son treated his relatives. He was friends with everyone just like Baelor, and just like his older brother, Aemon was liked by everyone. Which worries rhaelle since their family have their problems, and sometimes she fears her children including Maekar and Aemon would be pit into a position in which they have to choose between certain family members.

"Mama, let's go, I want to see jaenara and helaena." Alys tug at her mother's hand eagerly making rhaelle laug hook down at her daughter.

"Patience, my love." The little girl scrunch her face up in an unlady like manner.

"But, I want to see them now." She whines making rhaelle shake her head with a smile, the young girl with hair like snow and eyes like lavender was impatient like her father.

"Okay, okay." Rhaelle says, as her and her daughter start walking up the steps inside the red keep.

It didn't take long for a maid to appear and tell rhaelle that the king and queen were waiting for her in their chamber, rhaelle was confuse why they had to meet in their chamber for a talk. She held her daughter's hand firm so the little girl wouldn't run off towards the throne room like she likes to do when she visits, and start up the stairs with the maid ahead of them. The last time, she was at the Red Keep was three months ago to discuss a matter in riverlands with house bracken and house blackwood, after giving up her crown, rhaelle have taken to being a emissary for the king.

Viserys offer her the position just recently and she accepted it, it kept her busy and it didn't interfere with her family time. So, daemon and laena encourage her to do it, well more laena than daemon. He still didn't trust his brother around his wife, even if viserys was too old to barely move or even get it up, daemon didn't want his wife always leaving him for his brother even though rhaelle told him over and over it was just for work and she barely leaves the palace. Most of the work is just reading compliments and issues lords are having with their land or other houses, and rhaelle would write back to them with a solution, the only time she need to leave is when a war is about to happen and she has to figure out how to defuse it.

The maid open the door to the queen's quarter making rhaelle and alys walk through, the small girl look around the room before her eyes landed on her bestfriend and cousin.

"Jaenara." Alys called in a hush voice catching the young velaryon girl attention along with rhaelle's brother and wife.

"Alys." Jaenara smiles brightly coming up to her friend and hugging her.

Jaenara Velaryon was Laenor and Rhaenyra's first daughter and second born, she was a year younger than jace and close to Alys and Baelor's age, the young girl was close friends with all of rhaelle's children.

Rhaelle smile down at the two children before look over at her brother, who was carrying a baby in his arms making her give a confuse smile.

"Big sister." Laenor greets rhaelle with a wide smile as he walks towards her.