The Wedding

Today was the day. The day that was suppose to be the happiest day of mine and daemon's life, but now just feels like a another duty I must do. After the catastrophe that was laenor and rhaenyra's wedding, daemon insisted we get married right away, so here we are a month later.

I was in my chamber already dress in the traditional valyrian gown and head peice that was sent to me by daemon's brother, looking out of my wide window watching as the servants work, a feelinging of butterflies nestled in my stomach as I chew on my lip.

I don't know why I feel nervous, I shouldn't feel anything, I don't want to feel anything not after all I had to put up with daemon, not only was he persistent about the wedding but he had been constantly hovering over me like a dark cloud always raining on me. He wouldn't leave me alone. His way of showing me his here forever, everywhere I go, when I turn my head he is there, when I am coming out of my meeting he is right there waiting, even when I am taking a bath he stand there to watch like some creeper.

Gah, it's maddening, his maddening.

Morning. Noon. And night. He is there. I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't have it, I tried lying to him but he saw through it, I even started arguments to get him to leave me alone but he just fuck me and broods the next day. I'm starting to run out of ideas and about to result to murder, the man is too much I feel I am being suffocated.

"M'lady." I turn my head to look at Meleah near the door, I turn away from the window and give a small smile.

"How do I look?" I ask turning around so she could see the gown.

"Gorgeous." She said simply with a grin, I bow my head but not too much in fear that the head peice will to fall off like before and have take another hours to get back on my head.

"Thank you." She move to stand before me, she held out her hand making me put my hand into her palm.

"How are you feeling. Excited? Nervous?" She ask massaging the palm of my hand with her thumbs, I shrug my shoulders not sure.

"I guess, nervous." I look away from her and over to the tall mirror, ever since daemon propose all I could think about was wearing this and having the valyrian wedding that my mother and father had when they were our age. Now, after all that happen it feels not so exciting anymore.

"Rhaelle, I know things didn't work out in the way that you hope, but with a little time. I think whatever you and daemon are going through will work out." I look back at my friend and shook my head.

"No, it won't." She open her mouth to counter my words, "Rather not talk about this, meleah. I don't have the energy for it." I said pulling my hand away from her own and behind my back, she close her mouth and gave me a small frown.

"Sorry," I sigh before walking away back to the window to look out.

I wrap my arms around me, the sudden aching in my chest that I haven't felt since being with daemon has return, it feels like a empty but yet dull knife being stab in my heart and twisted ever so slightly.

Am I doing the right thing? Why do I feel like I am signing something away. Is it my freedom? My heart? What? What can it be? Think! Rhaelle. Why are you being weak. You promise yourself you never do this again, so why are you letting this happen again, your being pathetic. Your father was right. So, was otto. I am a child. A stupid thoughtless idiot who think they can do this but I can't do this I never-

"...how do you think daemon will feel seeing his brother here." I blink coming back to reality as everything looks blurry, I sniff realizing I was crying, I move to wipe at my eyes and turn to meleah.

"What?" I ask confuse.

"Daemon. Does he know you invited his brother,"

Oh, I forgot about that.