The Funeral

The wave of Gullet crash into the rocks that surrounded Driftmark, the sky was covered by grey clouds. The wind blew subtly as house targaryen and house velaryon stood outside listening to lord vaemond speak, everyone wore black and grim looks.

Today was Laena Velaryon's funeral. The only thing left of her was her char burnt body that was hidden by the driftwood sarcophagus that was made by corlys, only a few knew what really happen to laena while others speculated, but rhaelle knew so did daemon and their two children, maekar and alys, as well as jaenara.

It was hard for the three children to sleep, every time they close their eyes all they could see is vhagar fiery breathe and hear rhaelle cries for her baby sister. Noneof the witnesses had a decent night of sleep, and it showed on their faces especially rhaelle.

She had bags under eyes and hollow cheek, she barely eat when it was time to daemon dismay and when he have to tell her to she ignore him and move her food around her plate with her fork, and when night came she would sleep for bit before waking up in cold sweats and leave to the garden where laena and her girls like to spend their free time. Sometime she would go under the tree that laena who be with gaela and gaemon reading them a tale, and curl up in the spot next to where laena would usually sit and cry herself back to sleep.

Her late night trip would result in a argument with her better half, as daemon worried for her health rhaelle tried to handle the unexpected death of her little sister. She and laena never grew up together, rhaelle was sent off to marry otto before her sister could understand why her big sister wasnt leavijg with them anymore, rhaelle always felt like a stranger to her sister but laena never did. Laena saw Rhaelle as her big sister that she never got a chance to be raised with because of their father, but they made up for lost time when she decided to live with daemon and rhaelle.

Rhaelle found out so much interesting things that she never knew about her sister, like laena favorite flower was gillyflower or how she hated the taste of squash. Or how she would wiggle her nose when she was anxious or sad or the fact she always wish to sail the world like their father did when he was young.

So much she found out about laena in the course of a few years, and just like that she was gone, rhaelle didn't expect it or prepare for it. She never thought about the stranger taking her sweet sister, rhaelle always imagine she die first so she didn't have to watch the people she love fade away. There was times when she was laying under the tress that she wish the stranger would trade her soul for laena's own, her sister didn't deserve to die so young, laena deserved to live her life and explore before being trap in a palace with a husband like daemon and surrounded by children.

Rhaelle felt like she failed her sister in many ways than one.

As both house stand in silence near the cliffs of High Tide, rhaelle glance around at the familiar and unfamiliar faces that should to pay their respects for her sister. Her children was gathered around her while daemon stood off to the side away from his wife and children, gaela was in front of rhaelle with her mother's right arm around her shoulder with her cane in hand while rhaelle's other arm was holding gaemon to her side. Alys lean against her older brother, Aemon, while holding Alyssa's hand, Maekar was next to Alyssa with his arm around Baelon's shoulder while the young boy focus more of the water than anything else.

Valaena and Aeron was there with their sons and adrielle aa they stand behind their mother, Corywn was inside in his chamber looking out of the window of High Tide, corywn's sons were with their cousins next to Valaena. Baelor was there as well with Marra and his wife beside his mother and gaela, baelor had his head on top of his wife's head as he tries to keep in the tears.

Baela was next to her grandmother with her head on rhaenys's shoulder, while Rhaena was being held by Corlys. Laenor was standing with his daughter with both arms around her holding her to him as he shed tears for his older sister, rhaenyra stare at laenor and jaenara with a hint of anger as she stood holding her two boys close to her. She glance away from her husband and jaenara to look across from her to daemon who stood alone with his hands clasp together in front of him, he flicker his eyes up to look back at rhaenyra who cast her eyes away as her heartbeat fast in her chest.