Chapter - 42

Rhaemyx and Caraxes landed on the shores of Driftmark close to midday, the servants already announce their arrival to the lord and princess when they saw the two dragons in their seas.

Rhaelle was holding Daemon's hand when they walk inside Driftmark, they were guided to the hall of the seven where the princess and the lord of driftmark where getting ready for lunch.

When the double doors to the hall were opened, rhaelle gave daemon a small smile before letting go of his hand.

Princess Rhaenys was standing in the middle of the hall with a smile on her face as she see her daughter walk through, rhaelle beam at the sight of her mother making her jog to her and engulfing the targaryen princess in a hug.

"It good to see you, mama." Rhaenys held her arm around her daughter's waist as her hand held the back of her head.

"Its good to see you too, my child." Rhaenys pull back a bit to kiss her daughter's cheek making the other girl face heat up at her my mother affection.

The two parted with smiles, before Rhaenys turn her head towards her husband.

"Corlys, won't you greet our daughter." The Sea Snake doesn't turn his head towards them as he sits in his armchair staring into the fire.

"The only daughter I have is off somewhere riding," he turns to look at his wife and rhaelle, "...I do not know this stranger that stands in my halls."

"Corlys!" Rhaenys hiss at her husband with a sharp look as he act foolish.

"It's okay, mama. Let's not allow him to take away our moment." Corlys scoff as he went back to staring into the fire.

"Yes, let's not." Rhaenys glares at her husband.

She look back at her daughter with a small smile, "Are you hungry, you and your..." Rhaenys stop in her track as she finally notices daemon and meleah, "...guests came right on time for lunch." She says eyeing daemon unsure before she looks back at her daughter, rhaelle turn to look at daemon before back at her mother.

"Yes, lunch sounds good, mother. Thank you." Rhaelle gave her mother a look telling her she explain it later, making rhaenys give a sour look in return but nod nonetheless.

"Cousin. It's good to see you," Rhaenys acknowledge dully to daemon making him bow his head.

"As well as you, princess." Rhaenys let out a 'hmm' before she took her daughter's arm and lead them to the table.

Daemon and Meleah follow suit as they took their seat at the table, Daemon sat next to rhaelle as she talks to her mother across the table while Meleah took a seat across Daemon. Rhaelle and Rhaenys did most of the talking as they wait for lunch to be serve, daemon just listened and held rhaelle's hand under the table. When the doors were open, the mother and daughter stop there chatting as servants brought in plates and platters filled with food making corlys get up from his seat and come to sit at the head of the table. Once the maids finish putting everything on the table they left only leave a male servant and a female servant with pitchers near the wall to pour their master or mistresses a drink, corlys was already already snapping his fingers for a refill of his cup when everyone else was eating from their plates.

"Will Laena and Laenor be joining us soon, it been ages since I last saw them especially laenor." Rhaelle ask her mother.

"I'm afraid not, laenor is somewhere in the sky with his sister and I doubt either of them will be coming back any time soon." Rhaelle hum.

"That's not like laena to ride with laenor on seasmoke."

"Oh, you don't know." Rhaenys ask as she took a sip from her cup.