Chapter #17

Chapter #17

*PHILS POV*

Finally the ambulance arrived and did AED on his heart as he lied dead in the hallway.

They did it for hours and I almost lost all hope as I cried in the arms of the girl from the dorm who's name was Laken.

I heard a gasp from one of the doctors from the ambulance then a cough.

Dan.

Dan.

"DAN!!" I screamed and ran to him.

I hugged him close and he wrapped one arm around my back. Soon I had to let go and they took him to the hospital.

-
I waited for hours as they did check ups on him and they finally let me see him.

"Dan oh my god!" I sobbed, holding him as if he'd disappear if I let go. "They are saying I overdosed I don't hardly remember." He said, his voice raspy. "What do you remember?" A doctor asked, as I held his hand, sitting in a chair beside his bed.

"I remember... I remember being in my room, crying and wanting my parents. I think I smashed my head through the wall...?" He said. "Okay, do you remember why you did all this?" He just sat there like I was speaking a different language. "I don't remember." He sniffed. "Do you want me to tell you what you told me when you did remember?" I asked, squeezing his hand a bit. "Yeah."

"You came and woke me up late at night and were sobbing and crying for me not to be mad at you because I guess you kissed PJ." His eyes widened like he remembered. "And you said you took lots of pills." His mouth dropped. "I-I.." He stuttered. "I remember I think."

"Okay, what do you remember."

"Chris and PJ left then you and I went to sleep and I woke up because I heard a knock at the door. It was PJ and I slapped him, he had my pills and said he was bringing them back because Chris had taken them." He explained. "Why'd he take your pills? That sounds nothing like Chris.."

"I don't know, PJ didn't say, but anyway.. After I took my pills from him he started walking away and before I knew it.. I.. Um.." He sighed like he was afraid to admit what happened next. "I kissed PJ, or he kissed me, I don't really know, I'm sorry." His eyes started to water.

My heart sank, I thought it was the drugs talking when he said he kissed him.

He cheated on me.

"I pushed him away when I realized what I was doing, I'm sorry Phil." He was now full on crying and the doctor was writing down what he remembered.

"Say something!" He cried.
"Excuse me.." I choked and ran out of the room, running out of the building and sat in front of the hospital.

It was cold and I had no sweater.

As I took deep breaths I could see my breath and I shivered as tears fell slowly down my pale cheeks.

I just sat there for a while crosslegged, eyes getting heavy. *A lady who looked to be about in her late 40s, dressed in a green and blue sweater, regular blue jeans and some slippers came walking out and leant up against the building lighting a cigarette.

"My names Imogen." She spoke, voice raspy yet relaxing. "I-I'm Phil." I replied. "So what brings you here?" She asked, taking a puff of her cigarette. "My b-f-boyfriend overdosed." I don't know what to call him, I'm just so confused. "Oh man, that sucks. How's he doing?" She asked, taking her arm and wrapping it over her to become warmer I assume. "Yeah, he's fine." I sigh, and bring my legs to my chest.

"Now what I wanna know of why you're not by his side. Why are you outside freezing your bum off?" She asked and chuckled a bit.
"I don't know." I shrugged. "Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do, don't lie to me." She chuckled, putting her cigarette out and throwing it away.

"He kissed another guy, his ex boyfriend." I said, whipping tears from my eyes. "Oh man..." She said, sitting by me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and bringing me into a hug. "I know this isn't what you want to hear but, everything happens for a reason." She sighed.

A peaceful silence and the sound of cars and nature was all I heard until she she spoke again, "Do you trust him?" The lady asked.

"I don't know, I used to." I choked and she rubbed my shoulder. "Did you give him time to explain the situation?" She asked.

"No, now that I think of it I didn't really. I was being selfish and was only caring about myself." I admitted. "Keep in mind that what he did was wrong but-" I cut her off and hugged her. "Thanks, but I got this." I smiled and ran into the building and made my way to Dan's room.

I opened the door and saw Dan and PJ.

Dan and PJ making out.

I gasped and turned around to be hit in the face with a frying pan by Chris.*

I gasped and found myself asleep on the pavement in front of the hospital.

I fell asleep and dreamt about that...

No Imogen, no Dan and PJ kissing? No being smacked in the face by Chris?

I shook my head and stood up, walking into the building and making my way to Dans room and braced myself for what I'd see.