Chapter #24

*DANS POV*

The police shoved me into the car and drove me to the police satiation.

This was really happening. I was really here, locked in a cell. I shared my cell with another guy, he looked about my age.

We sat in silence until he spoke.

"My names BriBry." He stated, I assumed he was Irish because of his accent.

"Hi BriBry. I'm Dan..." I said, awkwardly. I'm not one to speak to strangers, it's awkward.
"So why're you here?" He asked. "I um... Got into a fight." I sighed. "Oh." He said.

"So why're you here?" I asked and he chuckled awkwardly. "It's a long and funny story actually.." He chuckled, "I got kicked outta Canada a while back and tried to enter again.. And let's just say... Things didn't go down well." He finished.

I started cracking up. "How do you get kicked out of Canada!!??" I shouted and tried to contain my laughter. "I'm a singer/songwriter and I didn't have a permit to sing there I guess." He chuckled.

"Oh my gosh, you sing?" I cheered. "Yeah." He replied, "That's awesome." I smiled.

We continued talking for a while until I was called by a police officer. "Howell, You're free to go." The police officer said. "I-oh." I said, a bit disappointed I'd have to leave my new friend.

"Some guy named... Phil bailed you out." The man stated and my eyes grew big.

Phil bailed me out? Does he actually forgive me?

I looked back to BriBry.

"Do you have anyone to bail you out?" I asked. "Yeah, my wife is working on it." He said, "oh, alright. Well nice meeting you." I smiled and he waved.

I walked into the opening of the Jail to see Phil.

He noticed I entered the room and he rolled his eyes. "Hey Phil." I said, looking to the ground. No reply and he started walking out and I followed. "Thanks.. For you know, bailing me out." I said. "Mhm.." He mumbled as we got into his car.

It was silent for most of the ride. "Are you mad at me?" I asked. "Heck yeah I am." He growled. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, honest."

"Learn to freakin' control yourself Dan. You could've killed my best friend." He said, I cringed at the word best friend... I thought I was his best friend. "I'm sorry, okay?" I was trying so hard to contain myself and not start begging for forgiveness. "You really messed up big time, Idiot.."

My heart dropped. He was right, I did and I can't take what I did back.

"Take your time to forgive me, but please know I am truly sorry for hurting Chris and making you upset." I choked.

"Stop crying and grown up Dan. You're 19 and crying like a child, I'm getting sick of your childlike behavior. Like seriously, grown the frick up." He snarled.

He sounded just like my parents.

After he said that he looked surprised and sorry at the words the escaped his mouth.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't me-" I cut him off.
"No, you're right, I need to stop." I sighed.

No more words were said and we arrived home and I ran straight to my room, slamming the door.

I lied on my bed and thought for a really long time.

Every time a tear threatened to fall, I would punch myself in the stomach as hard as I could.

My mind was in a bad spot at the moment and started to go crazy.

Whimp

Idiot

Stupid

Useless

Unwanted

Worthless

Crappy

Fat

Loser

Unloved