Chapter #58

*PHILS POV*

The taxi man dropped us off and we walked into my apartment building.

I lead Dan into my apartment and smiled.

"Whoa... It's really nice in here." He smirked as he turned to me. "You keep it really clean." He then smiled. "Thanks, I try to keep it clean, I hate messy rooms."

"So, I don't really have a room for you right now but you can sleep in my room and I'll just.... sleep on the couch." I smiled. "You really wanna give up your room to a stranger?" He asked and my eyes widened.

"You're not a stranger." I stated. "Oh-yeah." He said.

Awkward silence filled the room until he spoke, again. "So, can you tell me a bit about yourself?" He asked. "Oh, uh, sure." I said, gesturing that we sit on the couch.

We both sat down and I spoke, "I'm Phil. I just graduated college. Oh and I'm 26." I smiled. "How old am I?" He asked, "you're 22."

He nodded. "And what's my name again?" He asked. "Dan. Daniel James Howell." I smiled.

It was so nice to see him right in front of me but it took all of me not to leap into his arms and hug him for the rest of my existence.

It was getting later and later by the second and Dan and I just talked and I played music that he said he recognized which made me really happy.

"Do you have any memory of this song?" I asked as I hit play on my laptop.

The lyrics of 'If Looks Could Kill' by A Day To Remember started playing.

"Why is he screaming at me!?" Dan chuckled. "He's not! You used to love this song." I smiled. "I like it but it's just a little scary." He said, smiling shyly.

I had the urge to just pull him into a hug but I know it'd be too awkward and he'd probably feel so uncomfortable around me.

CONTAIN YOURSELF, PHILIP.

I shook my head to get the thought out of my mind. "Can I ask you something?" Dan asked. "Of course."

"What was our relationship before I lost my memory? And how long did we know each other?" He asked.

I didn't wanna answer that, I'd break down...